• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

XMRV Conference - There will be a live Q&A!!

VillageLife

I've just noticed when looking at the conference program that there is a *Panel led Q&A session (webcast)* at 5pm on day 2 of the conference.
Does this mean what I think it means ?? and that this is going to be a live webcast for everyone to see ?

Ive emailed a few people trying to find out, perhaps if anyone else can try and find out ?

*editing this just found out YES there will be a live Q&A at the end of the conference....check out...http://videocast.nih.gov/summary.asp?live=9582

VillageLife

Ok we better start thinking of some questions!!!

"On Wednesday September 8 the workshop program will be concluded with a panel led Q&A webcast session, starting at 5 PM EDT. You are invited to follow this session live using the following link: http://videocast.nih.gov or view the archive of the videocast, which will be available after 2-3 working days after the workshop."

Air date: Wednesday, September 08, 2010, 5:15:00 PM
Runtime: 120 minutes

And if anyone can work out the UK time?

Sasha

Fine, thank you
Ok we better start thinking of some questions!!!

"On Wednesday September 8 the workshop program will be concluded with a panel led Q&A webcast session, starting at 5 PM EDT. You are invited to follow this session live using the following link: http://videocast.nih.gov or view the archive of the videocast, which will be available after 2-3 working days after the workshop."

Air date: Wednesday, September 08, 2010, 5:15:00 PM
Runtime: 120 minutes

And if anyone can work out the UK time?

But is there any indication that people can send in questions, as opposed to them just accepting questions from the floor or the press or whatever?

To work out the time, if you go to Google and type in, "what time is it in ***" (e.g. "what time is it in New York") and do the search, the answer will appear at the top of the screen. That makes it easy to work out how far anywhere is in front of/behind us. I don't know where the conference is, though!

Sasha

Fine, thank you
i dont no where its being held either! :) but thanks!

Just unslothed myself and looked! It's in Bethesda, Maryland, and they're 5 hours behind UK time.

I like that Google method because I never know whether we're on GMT or BST!

Sing

I doubt that they are open to outside questions, but we need to find out.

If I could ask one, I would ask them to speak to how important patient cohert--i.e., based on the clinical/research definition of the ME/CFS patients is. Clearly the Canadian Consensus Definition was derived from the greatest expertise internationally. It is far more specific and coherent in terms of all the physical systems involved. How can not using these criteria for patient selection be justified any longer, medically?

Sing

VillageLife

just had an email about the Q&A session,

The Q & A panel will consist of the following experts in the field of XMRV:

Don Blair, National Cancer Institute, Bethesda, USA
John Coffin, Tufts University, Boston, USA
Jerry Holmberg, US Dept. of Health and Human Services, Washington,USA
Judy Mikovits, Whittemore Peterson Institute, Reno, USA

The session will be chaired by:

Jonathan Stoye, National Institute for Medical Research, London, UK

xrayspex

I would like to ask what method the CDC used to sabotage their samples, microwave or what is most effective?