• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

XMRV conference has now confirmed some speakers

muffin

Mr. Switzer received a BS in Microbiology from Clemson University in 1981 and an MPH from Emory University in 1992" -

The CDC has a number of people with MDs and PhDs in virology and other related fields, so why did they pick this guy with a MPH (Master, Public Health) to do real research on XMRV and discuss assays? On the job training for hard sciences doesn't work for me. I do think you need all those years of education to give you the background you really need to do this type of work. Just me, but why did they pick THIS guy?
I'm not being phoney here, but WHY this guy???

bakercape

I don't know

Mr. Switzer received a BS in Microbiology from Clemson University in 1981 and an MPH from Emory University in 1992" -

The CDC has a number of people with MDs and PhDs in virology and other related fields, so why did they pick this guy with a MPH (Master, Public Health) to do real research on XMRV and discuss assays? On the job training for hard sciences doesn't work for me. I do think you need all those years of education to give you the background you really need to do this type of work. Just me, but why did they pick THIS guy?
I'm not being phoney here, but WHY this guy???

But I'm noticing a connection the CDC has with Emory University graduates and workers. Whenever they are trying to manipulate the science or data they seem to use the Emory University Connection. There is money constantly changing hands from the CDC to Emory.
Also when the CDC has manipulated vaccine safety data they have used Emory graduates. Any way I am noticing a devious connection between the 2 institutions.

V99

I don't think you are alone. The emory CDC connection is plain.