• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

XMRV and Human Diseases Ila Singh (Video)

George

waitin' fer rabbits
And she does it with such grace and sincerity. She really strikes me as a truly meticulous scientist. Thanks so much for posting this VillageLife. (woof and and a nose kiss, grins)

Lynn

Thanks for posting this, Villagelife. It was an awesome video! Ila Singh is my hero.

I thought she looked very confident as to the results of her study. She would have probably stopped the study (not expanded it) if she did not finding XMRV. She certainly would not have been speaking at the OFFER conference if it wasn't going well. I can't wait for the results.

Lynn

Cort

Phoenix Rising Founder
Its hard not to think she wouldn't have expanded the study if she wasn't finding it. I agree she's very impressive and relaxed up there. Very clear presentation, very clear skin, nice hair, nice smile (down boy! :))......

Anyway she has a very wholesome feel about her...

Very clear presentation, very clear skin, nice hair, nice smile (down boy! :))......

Anyway she has a very wholesome feel about her...
I see it's not just me! :D Otis seems to have a thing for her too...let's not have the whole PR admin/mod team falling out about this...:D

If her study confirms WPI findings, she's gonna need to hire a secretary or two to handle all the fan mail - there'll be no shortage of volunteers for that job, it seems...

Otis

Señor Mumbler
I see it's not just me! :D Otis seems to have a thing for her too...let's not have the whole PR admin/mod team falling out about this...:D

If her study confirms WPI findings, she's gonna need to hire a secretary or two to handle all the fan mail - there'll be no shortage of volunteers for that job, it seems...

Get in line people. As soon as I'm cured that job is all mine. Mine I tell ya. :D

LJS

Luke
Thanks for posting this, Villagelife. It was an awesome video! Ila Singh is my hero.

I thought she looked very confident as to the results of her study. She would have probably stopped the study (not expanded it) if she did not finding XMRV. She certainly would not have been speaking at the OFFER conference if it wasn't going well. I can't wait for the results.

Lynn

She expanded her study? Was this in the presentation and I missed it?

She did say that in their study they have not had enough time to analyze the data to know if XMRV is linked to CFS (33 min mark) so I figured that means they just un-blinded the results and are sorting through them.

Cort

Phoenix Rising Founder
She expanded her study? Was this in the presentation and I missed it?

She did say that in their study they have not had enough time to analyze the data to know if XMRV is linked to CFS (33 min mark) so I figured that means they just un-blinded the results and are sorting through them.

She started out with a smaller study with Dr. Bateman's patients and then announced they were going to expand it. She definitely has the results from the smaller study back - unfortunately we never got them.

Megan

I notice that this video was a month ago now. Does that mean she must have the results by now?