• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

WPI UK XMRV testing/study

Adam

Everything that happens in your country impacts those of us ill in the US and throughout North America. We share your excitement - and your trepidations. You are our brothers and sisters. Good luck with the testing!

Thanks for rooting for us. It's true, we are all in this together. Just wish one or two more UK researchers/scientists would stick their head out of the trenches for more than a second and give us some much needed support.

Everything that happens in your country impacts those of us ill in the US and throughout North America. We share your excitement - and your trepidations. You are our brothers and sisters. Good luck with the testing!

Thankyou Greggory- it is so heartwarming to experience the support on this forum, from all over the world, the top-notch scientific and research info, and of course the great humour! You are an extraordinary group of people who all deserve so much better than the crappy hand life has dealt you.

Let's hope this really is the breakthrough so many are hoping for.

OK still no email here despite Dr Mikovits telling me I was in the study. Is anyone else waiting or should I be worried now?
Yes, I'm waiting too despite confirmation from Dr Mikovits (actually waiting on behalf of my friend's daughter, not for me, I'm not in the study)

Adam

Hi all

Anyone who thinks they got in the study but have not had email please PM me for email address of Phlebotomy Co. Myself and another member on here got in touch with them and found out they had got our details, but had got the the email address wrong!

We have been contacted by them to confirm we are in study.

Wonder when we'll get to know more - timescale/numbers in study etc.?

all the best

Adam

K

Knackered

Hi all

Anyone who thinks they got in the study but have not had email please PM me for email address of Phlebotomy Co. Myself and another member on here got in touch with them and found out they had got our details, but had got the the email address wrong!

all the best

Adam

I'm glad you're on it Adam, I was hoping you would be. Your case is very similar to mine so it'll be interesting to see how we get on.

It's gonna be 13'c today too, well worth a sit in the garden to get some much needed vitamin D.

sproggle

Jan
Hi all

all the best

Adam

Wow that's a bit disconcerting! :eek: Will let people know in case other's have same prob...

Congatulations on being confirmed ya in the study Adam! :D
I know you were understandably getting a bit worried about it with not being contacted, now you can breath a sigh of relief -at least until the whole results mind*ahem* comes along that is :tongue:

Jan xx

Adam

Thanks Knack

Vit D is GOOD. I shall be reading a novel on the patio today soaking it up. The book is The Sopranos (no not the mafia family, but a story about a bunch of catholic schoolgirls from the far north of scotland on a trip to Edinburgh for a choir contest).

take it easy folks

Adam

fingers2022

Hi all

all the best

Adam

well done Adam + Initiative. I'm pleased to hear it.
Whoops, might say something about quality and rigour.......Blasphemy, fingers, blasphemy!!!!!!

Ah well, can't expect speed and quality I suppose.

MEKoan

This 30 year MEer who is not, and will not be in the fore$eeable future tested, wants you to know that we are one community and until we are all sorted, we are not sorted!

Much love,
Koan

sproggle

Jan
Has anyone who's emailed Ed Cutler not had a response regarding blood draw?

I have a message from a concerned participant who did not receive the original email and as yet had no response when contacting them directly.

I imagine if they are having probs it may just be taking time to sort things, but this person is understandably concerned.

Thanks for any info etc..

Jan xx

fingers2022

Has anyone who's emailed Ed Cutler not had a response regarding blood draw?

I have a message from a concerned participant who did not receive the original email and as yet had no response when contacting them directly.

I imagine if they are having probs it may just be taking time to sort things, but this person is understandably concerned.

Thanks for any info etc..

Jan xx

Hi Jan, I have e-mailed EC but no response...... anyone had a response??
F

T

theonlyfluffyone

hi, this is all new to me, so forgive me, thanks jan for asking the question about not receiving an email, am glad im not alone, hope it wont be to long, chris x

Diva55

I emailed the blood lab directlyt (thanks Adam for the email) but have not had a reply either.

I'm hoping it's because they are backed up sorting it all out.

If anyone who has not heard so far hears from them, could they post on the thread.

Thanks
Diva

Amy

I'm also waiting to hear back from the phlebotomy company. I sent Jan a message earlier today as she had already given me Ed's email address (so it may be me she's referring to above - if so, thanks Jan!). I'd emailed him last week and had no reply. I have been wondering whether to contact the WPI directly, but don't want to hassle them when they're so busy.

Perhaps if we don't hear anything we could arrange for one of us to send an email on behalf of all of us who haven't heard (if that makes sense)? But I keep thinking maybe they're just backed up and busy, so maybe it's premature to do this yet...

ukxmrv

Someone I know phoned PSI and was able to sort out the problem with their email address. Other emails went unanswered.