• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Would you take Rituximab

Would you take rituximab

• yes

Votes: 72 53.7%
  • no

Votes: 33 24.6%
  • undecided

Votes: 29 21.6%

• Total voters

Sushi

Moderation Resource Albuquerque
Hello,
My name is Anne, this is my first time posting here :).
I am 48 years old, I have had the illness for 47 years, didnt get diagnosed until I was 29, was disabled and unable to work when I was 31 (I was an active RN for almost 10 years), 95% bed and house bound since I was 33, divoced and couldnt take care of my young children at the time as well. Im tired of being a walking pharmaceutical with my bag of drugs, and talking to the world on a laptop, I would definately take Rituxan and am anxiously waiting for it! I fit the criteria. I have written Dr.'s Mella and Fluge and am waiting for them to write me back.

Since you are in the States, why not contact Dr. Kogelnik near San Francisco. Several patients here are taking rituximab at his clinic.

Best wishes,
Sushi

Anne LiConti

ME25er
Hi Sushi,
Nice to meet you.
I just learned about Dr. Kogelnik. Im thinking about it, its just that I would have to have a fundraiser to get me there, and to pay the man *grin*. ME/CFS financially depleted me years ago after having a $2000 a month medication for years before Medicare Part D was around. I also have other health issues right now that i am having to pay doctor co-pays for.
When I can get to Dr. Kogelnik, I will definately be inquiring. Thanks for responding to my post! :)

wastwater

I may have a measles connection too.mine was unconfirmed vaccine reaction at 18 months then ebv at 17 now 35 not worked since 17.Im wondering if hhv6 may play a role too

MeSci

ME/CFS since 1995; activity level 6?
Like some others, my response is no because natural methods are already bringing significant improvements so that the illness is becoming more manageable, and I prefer to help the body to heal itself and fix the initial cause rather than poison it.

I have never been as badly affected as many people here, and I do understand your desperation. Until I overexerted myself severely and repeatedly (trying to heat my house with scavenged wood during two freezing winters plus caring for a terminally-ill pet) a few years ago, I was just able to continue running a very small business, but the overexertion and stress took me from mild-moderate to moderate, and no longer able to cope financially, which I was only just managing before. I am now back to the mild side of moderate and am optimistic that I will continue to improve gradually.

I have tried a range of treatments, mostly supplements, but it's only since finding the time to read up more thoroughly and combine particular things, and stick to it, that improvements have come.

A couple of people feel safe in hospital - I don't. In fact after an emergency admission in 2010 I have resolved to avoid them at all costs. I have had hospital-acquired infections numerous times, but the last stay was the last straw, with doctors refusing to take on board what I said, staff failing to provide approved medication when needed, a cannula being left in unused for days, becoming inflamed and quite-possibly infected, and the wrong treatment being given, among many other things.

And it's not just in the UK that people die from errors in hospitals. It seems to be common around the world.

I would love there to be a safe magic bullet that will relieve people's suffering, and I applaud the courage and dedication that some show in their stated desire to try a drug to help others.

Tristen

Really high percentage of PwME are us Nurses. From my experience it seems most common profession hit with this hell on earth.

I too am eager to hear developments on the Ritux research. Very exciting. The rate of research studies and discoveries on me/cfs have increased dramatically this last few years in many areas, which is truly wonderful for all of us. I also think of those newly diagnosed who will not have to go through this for decades