• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Women Have Stronger Immune Systems

Wishful

https://www.healthline.com/health-n...une-systems-why-thats-not-always-a-good-thing

I'm not sure if healthline is trustworthy for science, but I thought the article might be interesting. If women do have stronger immune responses, that might explain the gender difference in PWME.

This comment: “There are hormone receptors present in different aspects of our immune system involved in signaling and balance." might help explain POTS or other balance issues. If part of someone's brain is signalling imbalance, the body might respond by altering heart rate and blood vessel parameters. Is there a gender difference in POTS among PWME?

Marylib

Well, women's immune systems are set up to carry another human inside of them without rejecting it, so it stands to reason that they develop autoimmunity instead. My local POTS group is all girls and women, so I have no idea...