• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

With these analytical markers you can show your doctors the cause of your CFS/ME.

Good afternoon to all.

I have been asked where the markers I comment on in this thread can be made. I have found that Mayo Medical Laboratories perform one of the tests I indicate: CD4+ HLA-DR+ activated T lymphocytes and CD8+ HLA-DR+ activated T lymphocytes. This test, if the levels are reduced, indirectly indicates a decrease in the antigenic presentation II of the antigen lending cells (B lymphocytes are antigen presenting cells). This explains the immunodepression caused by the Epstein Barr virus, which I comment on in the article. In other words, the latent virus found in B lymphocytes prevents these B lymphocytes from presenting antigens to the T lymphocytes to activate them by means of the latent proteins of this virus.

I recommend reading the link to the test website: https://asantelab.testcatalog.org/show/TCP

Among the uses that put this analysis I highlight the following:
"Evaluation of T-cell immune competence (presence of memory and activated T cells) in patients with recurrent infections".

These comments are also noteworthy:

"Activation of human T cells is critical for the optimal and appropriate performance of T-cell functions within the adaptive immune response. Activated naive T cells undergo proliferation, as well as subsequent differentiation into effector T cells, and are capable of producing cytokines that can modulate the immune response in a variety of ways.(8) There are several markers associated with T-cell activation, but those most commonly used include CD25 (IL-25R)(8) and MHC class II.(9) Additionally, the expression of the costimulatory molecule CD28 augments the T-cell activation response.(10)".

"Reduction in activated T cells can also indicate a reduced T-cell immune competent state.

This would demonstrate the immunological problems we have. For now all the tests I have seen of people with CFS/MS who have been tested for activated T lymphocytes have come out low.

In the United States, you can do it in this lab: Mayo Medical Laboratories
In Spain you can do it in Megalab, analizA and Cerba

I would be grateful if other people from other countries could tell me in which laboratories they can do it, to complete the list.

Examples:
Screenshot_SmartSelect_2018-10-16-12-39-48.png
Captura de pantalla 2018-10-16 a las 12.29.29.png
IMG-20180516-WA0001.jpg

Last edited:

Heartl

Good afternoon to all.

I have been asked where the markers I comment on in this thread can be made. I have found that Mayo Medical Laboratories perform one of the tests I indicate: CD4+ HLA-DR+ activated T lymphocytes and CD8+ HLA-DR+ activated T lymphocytes. This test, if the levels are reduced, indirectly indicates a decrease in the antigenic presentation II of the antigen lending cells (B lymphocytes are antigen presenting cells). This explains the immunodepression caused by the Epstein Barr virus, which I comment on in the article. In other words, the latent virus found in B lymphocytes prevents these B lymphocytes from presenting antigens to the T lymphocytes to activate them by means of the latent proteins of this virus.

I recommend reading the link to the test website: https://asantelab.testcatalog.org/show/TCP

Among the uses that put this analysis I highlight the following:
"Evaluation of T-cell immune competence (presence of memory and activated T cells) in patients with recurrent infections".

These comments are also noteworthy:

"Activation of human T cells is critical for the optimal and appropriate performance of T-cell functions within the adaptive immune response. Activated naive T cells undergo proliferation, as well as subsequent differentiation into effector T cells, and are capable of producing cytokines that can modulate the immune response in a variety of ways.(8) There are several markers associated with T-cell activation, but those most commonly used include CD25 (IL-25R)(8) and MHC class II.(9) Additionally, the expression of the costimulatory molecule CD28 augments the T-cell activation response.(10)".

"Reduction in activated T cells can also indicate a reduced T-cell immune competent state.

This would demonstrate the immunological problems we have. For now all the tests I have seen of people with CFS/MS who have been tested for activated T lymphocytes have come out low.

In the United States, you can do it in this lab: Mayo Medical Laboratories
In Spain you can do it in Megalab, analizA and Cerba

I would be grateful if other people from other countries could tell me in which laboratories they can do it, to complete the list.

Examples:
View attachment 29806 View attachment 29807 View attachment 29808

So in the USA can our regular doctor order this test or do you have to go to the Mayo Clinic in order to get the Mayo test

Learner1

Great post - thanks for all your hard work @Manuel !

@Heartl I've been able to have my doctor order Mayo Medical lab tests through LabCorp as a "send out"

You need the correct Mayo form and LabCorp needs to have the right tubes and be familiar with the procedure to correctly draw, process, and ship.

xcell

Always looking for new knowledge and options!
Maybe it is time to create our own "unique ME (blood test) diagnostic scheme"?
I'll see, maybe at least some of these tests can be made with the next blood tests too!
It would be interesting to see more results and the differences between the patients!

Last edited: