• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

With 100 days until the Tokyo Olympics, Japan has vaccinated less than 1% of its population. That's a problem

IThinkImTurningJapanese

With 100 days until the Tokyo Olympics, Japan has vaccinated less than 1% of its population. That's a problem
Tokyo (CNN)When 2020 Tokyo Olympics volunteers have in recent weeks asked officials how they'll be protected from Covid-19, given the foreign athletes pouring into Japan for the event and the country's low vaccination rate, the answer has been simple.
They'll be given a small bottle of hand sanitizer and two masks each.
"They don't talk about vaccines, they don't even talk about us being tested," said German volunteer Barbara Holthus, who is director of Sophia University's German Institute for Japanese Studies, in Tokyo.

lenora

HI @IThinkImTurningJapanese. Why is it that people aren't getting vaccinated. Is the serum not available or is the attitude one of not wanting it? I had no idea things were in this state. I wonder why the Olympic Committee doesn't push for more vaccinations. I suppose a high a number of athletes don't want to be vaccinated because of side-effects. What are the reasons....I'm sure your news is filled with information. Odd. Yours, Lenora.