• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Wikileaks: Pfizer's Dirty Tricks in Nigerian Drug Trial

Another Big Pharma scandal. I read this direct on Wikileaks a few days ago, now seeing it in print:
http://www.guardian.co.uk/business/2010/dec/09/wikileaks-cables-pfizer-nigeria

Pfizer trialled Trovan during an unprecedented epidemic of meningitis in Kano in north Nigeria in 1996.

The Nigerian state and federal authorities subsequently sued Pfizer claiming that the children were harmed by the Trovan.

Pfizer responded by hiring private investigators to unearth evidence of corruption to use as a bargaining chip against the Nigerian attorney general in pursuading him to drop the legal action. Blackmail, basically.

All of this was known to the US government and documented in the leaked cable, but was kept secret until now - thus collaborating in covering up both the corruption and the blackmail. Just one out of 250,000 secret cables...

All very interesting I think because it draws attention once again to the sort of behaviour that is endemic at the top of the medical industry - protected by the US government - and the sort of tactics employed. All of which seems to me quite relevant to the activities of pseudosceptics and their sceptic puppets in relation to ME/CFS. There are no lengths to which some people will not go in order to protect their a$$e$.

floydguy

Another Big Pharma scandal. I read this direct on Wikileaks a few days ago, now seeing it in print:
http://www.guardian.co.uk/business/2010/dec/09/wikileaks-cables-pfizer-nigeria

Pfizer trialled Trovan during an unprecedented epidemic of meningitis in Kano in north Nigeria in 1996.

The Nigerian state and federal authorities subsequently sued Pfizer claiming that the children were harmed by the Trovan.

Pfizer responded by hiring private investigators to unearth evidence of corruption to use as a bargaining chip against the Nigerian attorney general in pursuading him to drop the legal action. Blackmail, basically.

All of this was known to the US government and documented in the leaked cable, but was kept secret until now - thus collaborating in covering up both the corruption and the blackmail. Just one out of 250,000 secret cables...

All very interesting I think because it draws attention once again to the sort of behaviour that is endemic at the top of the medical industry - protected by the US government - and the sort of tactics employed. All of which seems to me quite relevant to the activities of pseudosceptics and their sceptic puppets in relation to ME/CFS. There are no lengths to which some people will not go in order to protect their a$$e$.

Don't want to leave Big Pharma out on your side of the pond:

http://www.naturalnews.com/GlaxoSmithKline.html