• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

why is this not being considered by prof wessley and myra mclure

free at last

Regardless of Myra Mclures view on xmrv mlv, why is this latest research being ignored by both these researchers, And the MRC, when a study linking mental somatization to illness is thought to be found, it seems the whole of the UKs medical policy ( including advicing GPs ) seems to become based on it.

yet when some scientific evidence comes along that contradicts that view, we seem to get silence. As if its of no importance or significance. This is not how science should work. selective science, is the science of Simon Wessley and imperial college.

Why is this white blood cell abnormality not being studied and tested by imperial college, as it clearly contradicts there own studys, and viewpoints, that have been shaping the medical opinion of the UK health department for years.

I also wonder if the American researchers involved with a retro viral connection to ME CFS Should be doing there own research on this finding, as it clearly goes hand in hand, with the xmrv mlv, findings of recent times. Im Amazed more is not being made of this finding by all the ME CFS groups in the uk, and abroad

There you have it SIMON and MYRA from another research scientist
THERE IS THIS QUESTION ABOUT WHETHER ME IS ALL IN THE MIND, AND THIS IS QUITE DISTRESSING FOR OUR PATIENTS, AND FOR THERE RELATIVES AND CARERS, AND HERE WE HAVE FOR THE FIRST TIME ( i dispute that ) some evidence that there is a physical abnormality

THERE IS A TRUE DISEASE HERE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nKzEEUEapXM&feature=related

Enid

Things do move very slowly UK wise whilst we wait for catch up with the big wide world. Eleven years ago I told my Doctor (too ill to speak really) it is Viral.

Desdinova

Bias or prejudice of medical and scientific beliefs comes to mind. The only other possibility is that they are part of a conspiracy and it's their job to ignore, deny, deflect and obfuscate.

Fejal

Unless a cure is found it's cheaper not to treat and deny the existence so they can kill off the patients before they collect insurance benefits. That's the way the good old USA does it.

free at last

Your welcome Mark, thought it about time i started a video link discussion, especially as this appears to me, to be a very important finding. I know there was a thread about this, but since then not a lot of discussion.

Im a very conspirecy minded person on all things ME guys, infact i went to great lengths to stress there was something very wrong with the Alter lo NIH delayed study after that famouse leak.

But it appears i was wrong, and that surprised me, as i was convinced i was right

Enid

Quite so and the resulting paternalist patronising attitude here amongst local Doctors when queried - "you think too much".