• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Why do we feel better at night?

gbells

Improved ME from 2 to 6
You may be right. I have found that rigorous limiting of bright light has helped my condition. Specifically, I have all my screens dimmed, night shift on at all times and the brightness at about 1/4-1/3 on my iphone and I start wearing my blue-blocker glasses at about 6:30 PM. When I look at my phone at night ( which I try to do as little as possible), the brightness is set at minimum and I put the blue- blockers on first. I believe all this has helped more than just my sleep.

Something that improved my sleep was wearing a grounding strap attached to my wrist and plugged into the wall outlet ground. They have them on ebay. I think it settles the inflammed cells down so they are less reactive.

There are techniques in psychology that can help depersonalization. It is often a defense mechanism to lower stress. I notice that I feel less depersonalized in the evening (lower cortisol) or if I'm under pressure and focusing.

Last edited: