• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Why do I feel better in the evening? Cortisol, pain and insomnia issues

Hope78

Hi!

What I really don't understand is why I'm feeling always less exhausted in the evening than the rest of the day?

My cortisol is normal in the morning 7.32 (ref.range 2-10), low in the afternoon 1.41 (1.55-6) and very low in the evening 0.29 (1.15-4.85).
I also feel this kind of hard to describe crippling pain when cortisol is low. It's near kindeys/low back, it's kind of a dragging and constant pain - no matter if I am in bed or move arount - and it's radiating into the whole area in the midth of my body. As soon as I am able to sleep the pain and the exhaustion get better. So it's clearly energy-dependent.

When I catch up enough sleep my cortisol levels are more in the low to normal range. So it's sleep dependend. But in 2 years I did not have one single night of normal sleep, I usually sleep about 3-5 hours, it's a dream disturbed and fragmented sleep. It's like I sleep about 2-3 hours normal, then I wake up and sometimes, after hours of lying awake, I fall into a fragmented and very light dreamy sleep

So why is it that I feel terrible in the morning and energy increases in the evening? Shoudn't it be the other way?

Serototonine is normal to high, dopamine is too high and arenaline is too low (due to methylation issues). No current viral reactivations at this time. I also have problems with food sensitivities and chronic histamine issues (probably due to slow HNMT and a lack of methyl groups which are needed to break down histamine).

Anybody else?

lansbergen

I do not know why but I felt better in the evenings too. Not anymore.

I think there is a tread somewhere on the forum.

caledonia

Classic adrenal fatigue symptoms.
http://www.stopthethyroidmadness.com/adrenal-info/

Replacing the electrolytes being lost can be very helpful in the short term (salt, magnesium, potassium).

Treatment depends on whether it's primary or secondary. For primary in which the adrenals are fatigued, the traditional treatments like adrenal cortex extract can help.

I have secondary which is a signaling problem from the hypothalamus and pituitary possibly due to low glutathione, and don't tolerate traditional supplements as they're too overstimulating. Somewhere between getting my last mercury filling removed and methylation treatment has been helpful. I've gone from just about zero to 50% of normal. My thyroid has also recovered from autoimmune thyroiditis.

I'm working towards doing Cutler frequent dose chelation for the rest of the mercury and other metals I have, which I believe is the root cause.

Hope78

Thanks for reply.

My gluthatione is in the normal range. My problem is thyroid medication I can't handle but have to take due to an illness of the thyroid (reducing dose is not an option I was told by several docs. Unfortunately adrenal fatigue is not an accepted syndrome, they only know about Addison disease or cushing).

My adrenal symptoms started after implementating thyroid medication. Went to see about 5 different docs but they all say adrenal fatigue does not exist (cortisol in blood is normal but free cortisol in saliva is way too low)

I have low to normal ACTH, so it's probably secondary!