• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Who's up for an experiment? NO balance and fatigue in CFS

Fejal

Fejal,

Calling legitimate complaints of worsening health and stories of near-death experiences due to the MP a "list of anecdotes" is incredibly insensitive IMO. And just because it isn't mentioned, doesn't mean that the author of the article "doesn't even know" that vitamin d is a secosteroid.

And at least Dr. Cannell WENT to medical school, unlike the creator of the protocol you promote.

I guess we'll have to agree to disagree. I do wish you would've at least answered my individual points, questions and concerns, but...whatever.

The reason I'm so passionate about this topic is because I personally know two people who nearly lost their lives while on the MP, one would've died of kidney failure if it weren't for the insistence of three different doctors that she stop the drugs, even though the MP staff kept trying to tell her her pain was only a 'herx'.

I think you might share those same concerns if the same had happened to a friend of yours.

I am sensitive Bex but good science is good science. Taking the word of some authority who isn’t referencing a source isn’t valid. And a list of anecdotes is just that. Moreover, MDs aren’t the only people who have good ideas and make discoveries that improve medicine. So remember that before you throw out your next new observation with the bathwater excuse of some lack of medical experience. Most MDs today just aren't putting a lot of creativity into understanding and developing cures for these autoimmune diseases. They worry about litigation and frankly it is more lucrative to be a pill pusher at a mill than trying off label drugs and supplements.

Mark London's detailed analysis of the MP:

http://stuff.mit.edu/people/london/universe.htm

I see Lou’s point about 25D being a VDR agonist and agree with London’s point that 25D intake therefore can’t lower 1,25D. On the other hand 25D gets converted to 1,25D by the body in the kidney (http://courses.washington.edu/bonephys/opvitD.html) so someone with elevated 1,25D shouldn’t be taking 25D orally. So people with low 1,25D shouldn’t be treated that way obviously. I’m not sure what the Marshall Protocol is doing now but if they recommend that then it doesn’t make sense however being wrong on one point doesn’t disprove the need to avoid vitamin D and light.

I am hopeful that the BALI protocol will shorten the treatment by accelerating the immunopathology cycling and allowing a physician to zero in on the specific pathogen L-forms so that a shotgun approach like the MP doesn't have to be used, avoiding the MP's 3-5 year excruciatingly long treatment duration and hypovitaminosis D cases.