• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Whole Genome Sequencing companies

Does anyone have positive recommendations of WGS sequencing companies, direct to consumer from the UK? I have had unsuccessful dealings with Dante and would like to start again with another, more reliable company!

vision blue

I used Genos for exome testing and they also offered whole genome sequencing. Howerver, they were bought out and i have a terrible feeliing it was Dante labs. And since i was having trouble accessing my data, i tried to work it out with Dante and got a terrible runaround with everyone acting so friendly and pretend helpful but doing absolutely nada. REminds me i should look yet again at all that and see if the software interfaces are fixed yet.

Carl

What problems did you have with Dante labs?

They do take their time but I did finally get the results, although they did not email me as soon as it was available which would of delayed things by weeks if I had not logged in and found the data available.

I used Genos for exome testing and they also offered whole genome sequencing. Howerver, they were bought out and i have a terrible feeliing it was Dante labs. And since i was having trouble accessing my data, i tried to work it out with Dante and got a terrible runaround with everyone acting so friendly and pretend helpful but doing absolutely nada. REminds me i should look yet again at all that and see if the software interfaces are fixed yet.
They have updated several things on their website, I have just checked and it has improved somewhat.

Ravn

What problems did you have with Dante labs?
The problem with Dante is that while their prices are very tempting many people have been waiting for their data for a very, very looooooooong time.

I ordered in May 2018 (yes, that's 2018), got partial data about 6 months later (the promise was 50 business days for full data) and I'm still waiting for the full data. Any enquiries just get brushed off with a "Thank you for your patience, we're working on it" type of reply - that's when I get any reply at all.

Anyone on FB may wish to join the 'Dante Labs Customers' closed group to check out other people's experiences. Let's just say mine is not unique...

roller

wiggle jiggle
when posting on the other thread here, a week ago or so, my dante account showed the kit with the tracking number was "received" by them in mid may.

now my account states: "You haven't placed any orders yet".
no status nowhere anymore.
but on some pages it shows the kit number on top of the page.