• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Who Is Dr. Burrascano & How Big Is the Lyme Group?

Hi Wayne,

Glad that we were able to help! I know it can be daunting trying to find a good LLMD but if you go to some of the Lyme groups they should be able to suggest some LLMD's in your area. Also...if you go to the Lyme Disease Association website (http://www.lymediseaseassociation.org/) and do the Dr. referral they will e-mail you a list of LLMD's in your area. This is a very good resource that a lot of people use to find a good LLMD. I have used it as well.

I think someone else mentioned that a good LLMD will treat the whole body and not just the Lyme. They should address all of your issues so you would essentially be getting some treatment for your CFS issues as well. It sounds like you are pretty in tune with your body so if at any point you feel the antibiotics are too toxic for you there are always other options. My LLMD uses meds and alternative treatments so there are other options.

Anyhow...I wish you lots of luck! I hope that seeing an LLMD will be helpful for you.

Take Care!

Sorry forgot to copy the second e mail

Second email:

Hello!
Thanks for letting me know there is a buzz about this going on.
I am not part of the WPI (Whittemore Peterson Institute) but I do have an interest in HGRV (formerly known as XMRV) because I strongly believe it is an important contributor to what we know as chronic Lyme. I also believe it is involved in some way with autism and CFIDS, and possibly other so-called “neuroimmune diseases”.
What is needed to further the study of HGRV is to set up clinical trials, because so far, all formal work on this virus is being done in the labs. To accomplish this, we are in the process of setting up a clinical working group, to consist of an alliance between researchers and clinicians. I was invited to join this group- of course, I accepted.
That is the scoop- please feel free to forward this note to any interested parties.
Thanks!
Dr. B…………………….!

Contact Colleen Nicholson 516-286-7196

Research Assistant to Dr. Burrascano, MD

burraj51@bigplanet.com