• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Who do you trust with information about covid 19?

andyguitar

I look on websites of different governments health departments, the WHO and also scientific papers about respiratory illness in recent years ie the infection/mortality rate. What you could try doing is to put something like this into your search engine.... 'mortality rate of respiratory diseases in uk'

andyguitar

Something else I should point out is that whatever information you see in the media you need to take care to read the exact words. For instance the BBC has got into the habit of saying that someone died and they tested positive for covid 19 or someone died with covid 19. That does not mean covid is the cause of death.

Usually the CDC is reliable, but is seems to have become politicized recently. The local county Health Dept is a good source of reliable information. They may have a mailing list you could get on.

Also I like to keep my eye on journal articles....like in JAMA. They are usually cutting edge and honest about their limitations. You can read the abstracts for free. Today the site has:

Treatment of 5 Critically Ill Patients With COVID-19 With Convalescent Plasma.

Management of Critically Ill Adults With COVID-19

Presumed Asymptomatic Carrier Transmission of COVID-19

There are other journals worth watching as well, such as the New England Journal of Medicine which is worth checking out for COVID news.