• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Who are the most World-renowned Vaccine Experts?

YippeeKi YOW !!

Do you think it improves a scientist's reputation to give talks at conferences focused on crop circles, UFOs and chemtrails?
Was that really the entirety of the focus of the conference's speakers? Cause I have to admit, it would give me pause.

Which is probably unfair, who knows, but as fallacious as guilt by association can be, birds of a feather do tend to flock, and it's hard to shake that association and form an independent opinion of the validity and value of the scientific presentation ...

Hip

Was that really the entirety of the conference's speakers? Cause I have to admit, it would give me pause.

The conspiracy theory conference in question was the "Conspira-Sea" cruise, a gathering of conspiracy theory aficionados on a cruise ship.

Here is a newspaper article, which begins:
Speakers at the event, which took place on the Ruby Princess cruise ship, included a 'global alchemist' who claimed she'd visited secret colonies on Mars, a man who insisted he'd died and been reborn three times and another who believed that an extraterrestrial species, the 'Nephalem', is running the world and that fleets of UFOs can be seen through special goggles.

Last edited:

YippeeKi YOW !!

The conspiracy theory conference in question was the "Conspira-Sea" cruise, a gathering of conspiracy theory afficionados on a cruise ship.

They misspelled 'Nephilim' in the newspaper article, which makes me think that the reporter set out to do hatchet job and wasn't too concerned with details..... or maybe the speaker who creat.... uh, discovered ..... the extraterrestrial species misspelled it .... or possibly the species itself, unfamiliar with our alphabet did.

As far as the UFO's, anyone who lives on Earth knows that apparently, there's no need for special glasses, since reports of sightings have been reduced in value to a nickel a dozen, and are so endemic (and from pretty credible sources) that our gov't had to actually, officially, address The Existence of UFO's, which they didnt actually deny ...

Either way, it does seem like the cruise from hell .... maybe the scientist-guy needed the money. But yes, it tends to rather incline one (or even two or more) away from ' ... source of hard scientific fact ....' to 'Good God, not enough alcohol in the frackin' galaxy to survive this ....'

Whatever.

SOME MORE QUOTES FROM THE ARTICLE:

"An eyewitness on the bizarre Conspira-Sea trip said Wakefield looked unhappy
to be sharing a platform with crop-circle obsessives, crystal-ball gazers and assorted
occupants of interplanetary craft."

"Still, the Berkshire-born ex-researcher could at least console himself with
the thought that his audience had each paid £2,500 for the week, not including drinks and flights.
(His own fee remains undisclosed.)"

I generally try to let things, people, theories, what-all, stand on their own merits, but in this case, I dont think I have the energy reserves for that .. ...

By the bye, what was the Conspira-SEA scientist's name and discipline? Oh yeah !!! Wakefield ....great gossipy article, by the way. Engaging, frightening read.

Not sure what I think about vaccines and their connection to autism, altho I've read some compelling stuff on both sides (no, not Vaxxed .... research articles) but it's clear that if the human race, as detestable as Mother Nature probably finds us, wants to survive, vaccines loom large in our futures.

And BigPharm has proven in the past that they're more than willing to look the other way and sacrifice users of their products in order to serve the greater good of their bottom line ....

I feel awful for the poor parents of newborns who now have to grapple with confliction and contradictory info from normally reliable sources. I can't begin to imagine the hell they have to go thru, deciding between two ugly evils