• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Who are the most World-renowned Vaccine Experts?

Hip

It's possible vaccination will come of age when new vaccines are introduced that protect against the common pathogens linked to numerous chronic diseases. Pathogens like enteroviruses and herpesviruses, and various harmful bacteria. It may then turn out that those who are fully vaccinated will enjoy a life largely free of chronic disease. Whereas those who forego vaccination may succumb to chronic illnesses.

At which point, the advantage of vaccination will become apparent, and parents will all want to get their kids vaccinated. But that will take time. First of all, we need to develop vaccines that can cover this large range of pathogens. And then we will have to wait say 50 years before the statistics come in, comparing the vaccinated and unvaccinated in terms of how much chronic disease they are hit with in their lives.

Rufous McKinney

Pathogens like enteroviruses and herpesviruses, and various harmful bacteria. It may then turn out that those who are fully vaccinated will enjoy a life largely free of chronic disease. Whereas those who forego vaccination may succumb to chronic illnesses.

Based upon this life lived so far- I'd really love to have encountered an effective vaccine for Eppstein Barr.

I didn't get a life sentence from getting the measles, the mumps, Rubella, chicken pox, pneumonia etc etc.

So the day will come, soon I fear, when we will have to CHOSE because- there is no limit to the viruses and bacteria...they keep appearing in new forms. Get 222 vaccinations?

50 years from now, we will need Picard, or Star Trek, or something else major to save us I suspect. And maybe they will be able to: save us all!

Zap. You will never be ill. Now, enjoy your life.

Hip

Maybe in 50 years from now, we will have much more sophisticated ways to program our adaptive immune system to target specific infections. Some sort of digital machine-to-immune system interface, where we download the characteristics of the pathogens we want to target directly into the immune system.

That way, even if a new pathogens appears, the info could be directly downloaded into the immune system.

IThinkImTurningJapanese

And then we will have to wait say 50 years before the statistics come in, comparing the vaccinated and unvaccinated in terms of how much chronic disease they are hit with in their lives.

I was vaccinated by force, my Mother was threatened with incarceration, 40 years ago. I received unnecessary re-vaccinations as a bureaucratic snafu. Everything in one week.

I've had a hell of a lot of chronic illness, and even more pathetic dismissal of my suffering.

Perhaps we should have a choice.

Hip

I've had a hell of a lot of chronic illness, and even more pathetic dismissal of my suffering.

Did you ever have any childhood infections of significance? I think that infections which are picked up as a child could lead to chronic health issues. In my case, I had chronic tonsillitis for years as a child, before my tonsils were finally removed.

I would not be surprised if that may have played a role in the ADHD I suffered from, and the recurrent depression I would always get in the early morning when getting up throughout my life.

YippeeKi YOW !!

Just curious @Hip, do you know how many vaccinations you had as a baby/toddler/ child?

I know I had quite a few, because we moved to a foreign country when I was about 6, and it seemed like endless trips back and forth to the Dr's for yet another round before we left.

And here I am. Just livin' the life .....

@IThinkImTurningJapanese
I'm so sorry that bureaucracy did what they do best, but this time they did it to you:(:( :hug::hug:!!!

Rufous McKinney

Everything in one week.

Obviously, you are informed enough now to fully understand that it would be simply idiotic and

entirely medically ineffective, to inject numerous vaccinations into a body at one time or in short order or....when body's immune system is already occupied dealing with something else. The immunizations are likely to be far less effective....etc.

This single issue- appalling.

so my daughter's 36 year old friend with Hashimotos...they demanded 8 vaccinations..to go to the state college.

She sheeples and goes and gets them all at once.. I am furious. Who is the doctor that would even do that?

Then she recieves another notice that indicates its not required. This part I don't understand. But nobody cared about her system, her autoimmune disorder etc etc.

Rufous McKinney

Not really, whatever was the normal UK vaccine schedule in the 1960s I guess, when I was born.

We got hardly any...back in the...early 60s'

I think it was like 1961 I'm standing in some line outside to get the sugar cube with Polio on it. We had our small pox.

Very few. I was sick anyway oh well. Can't even imagine surviving a life with 77 mandated vaccinations.

Impossible to fathom.

Wayne

Wakefield lost credibility with his faked vaccine study... I wonder if Wakefield started suffering from a touch of schizotypy.

@Hip, you act as if your opinions on Andrew Wakefield are universally accepted, and this somehow entitles you to ridicule him in some pretty deplorable ways. The fact is--as I'm sure you're aware--he's held in high regard by many (including me) who view him as a courageous man. Someone willing to suggest--based on compelling evidence--that vaccines should be looked at more carefully, especially as regards to autism.

His suggestion of a possible MMR vaccine/autism connection 20 years ago has only been strengthened over time. And it's not too difficult to believe his research will continue to gain credibility, and create a whole new paradigm surrounding vaccinations, and their perceived safety (I fervently hope so). -- It didn't take me very long to find just a couple of links to some people who believe quite differently than what the incredibly corrupt pharmaceutical industry would have us believe about him.

Andrew Wakefield Was Right - 10-Min. YouTube Video

New Published Study Verifies Andrew Wakefield’s Research on Autism – Again -- January 25, 2020

Below is a snippet from the above linked article:

Two landmark events – a government concession in the US Vaccine Court, and a groundbreaking scientific paper – confirm that physician, scientist, and Autism Media Channel [AMC] Director, Dr. Andrew Wakefield, and the parents were right all along.​
In a recently published December 13, 2012 vaccine court ruling, hundreds of thousands of dollars were awarded to Ryan Mojabi, whose parents described how “MMR vaccinations,” caused a “severe and debilitating injury to his brain, diagnosed as Autism Spectrum Disorder (‘ASD’).”​
Later the same month, the government suffered a second major defeat when young Emily Moller from Houston won compensation following vaccine-related brain injury that, once again, involved MMR and resulted in autism. The cases follow similar successful petitions in the Italian and US courts (including Hannah Poling [ii], Bailey Banks [iii], Misty Hyatt [iv], Kienan Freeman [v], Valentino Bocca [vi], and Julia Grimes [vii]) in which the governments conceded or the court ruled that vaccines had caused brain injury. In turn, this injury led to an ASD diagnosis. MMR vaccine was the common denominator in these cases. ...
From 1998 Dr. Wakefield discovered and reported intestinal disease in children with autism. [ix] Based upon the medical histories of the children he linked their disease and their autistic regression to the Measles, Mumps, Rubella (MMR vaccine). He has since been subjected to relentless personal and professional attacks in the media, and from governments, doctors and the pharmaceutical industry. In the wake of demonstrably false and highly damaging allegations of scientific fraud by British journalist Brian Deer and the British Medical Journal, Dr. Wakefield is pursuing defamation proceedings against them in Texas. [x]​
While repeated studies from around the world confirmed Wakefield’s bowel disease in autistic children [xi] and his position that safety studies of the MMR are inadequate, [xii] Dr. Wakefield ’s career has been destroyed by false allegations. Despite this he continues to work tirelessly to help solve the autism catastrophe.​

Last edited:

Hip

His suggestion of a possible MMR vaccine/autism connection 20 years ago has only been strengthened over time.

Can you provide links to studies which have demonstrated this "strengthened connection" between MMR and autism? Because all the studies I have seen have demonstrated there is no link. So I'd be interested to read this scientific evidence that you have seen which finds a connection.

Wakefield’s own paper was retracted, because it was found to be fraudulent. He faked his results, and had plans to make a lot of money out of his "science".

@Hip, you act as if your opinions on Andrew Wakefield are universally accepted, and this somehow entitles you to ridicule him in some pretty deplorable ways.

I don't need to ridicule Wakefield, as Wakefield has ridiculed himself by associating with the conspiracy theory crowd — presenting his MMR "science" on a conspiracy theory ocean cruise, alongside people presenting talks on crop circles, UFOs, chemtrails, and other nonsense.

The fact is--as I'm sure you're aware--he's held in high regard by many

I am sure he is highly regarded by those interested in crop circles, etc. But he is considered a fraud in the scientific community. And it's clear his aim was just to make money.

Last edited:

Hip

Are there any Organisations that you guys know who are Vaccine Experts?

I don't know anyone who specializes in vaccine-triggered ME/CFS, except Dr Hotta in Japan, whose treatment is detailed in this thread.

Dr Hotta focuses on HPV-vaccine induced illness, but he told me he has recently successfully treated one case of ME/CFS triggered by hepatitis B vaccination.

But generally there aren't any specific treatments for vaccine-induce ME/CFS.

However, even vaccine-triggered ME/CFS patients seem to have evidence of active viral infections, so viral testing and treatment may be beneficial. And other general ME/CFS treatments may be beneficial (eg, LDN, B12, GcMAF, etc).

Rufous McKinney

IThinkImTurningJapanese

Did you ever have any childhood infections of significance?

No, not at all. In fact, I had to endure incessant declarations about how healthy I was.

But then, I was an adolescent being told to quit complaining about "the difficulties of life", and this was from adults who lacked the intelligence to properly administer vaccinations. :cautious:

Fat Viking

The vaccines at issue activate an innate immune response which includes the rapid generation of pro-inflammatory cytokines, which can cause adverse events. Proinflammatory cytokines could both trigger and propagate a disease process in certain circumstances.

Last edited:

Fat Viking

The antigen dose in the HPV Vaccine is much higher than it is in a natural infection; as a result, “the type of immune response, the robustness, the potency, the sustained immune response that’s elicited by the vaccine, by design, is very different than what occurs in the natural infection.” There is a consensus in the scientific community that the vaccine “elicits a robust, sustained immune response that’s not seen in the natural infection.” Because the natural infection does not produce the same robust, sustained immune response, it does not result in inflammation or in an upregulation of proinflammatory cytokines.

JES

Because the natural infection does not produce the same robust, sustained immune response, it does not result in inflammation or in an upregulation of proinflammatory cytokines.

Except for everyone who got sick with ME/CFS after a natural infection and there are a lot of us.

Here is some good analysis about Wakefield and whether vaccines cause autism from https://epiphanyasd.blogspot.com/ an independent research blog on the science for autism:

"Until Dr Wakefield published his paper in 1998, few people were familiar with autism, because nobody spoke about it. Talk of the MMR vaccine and autism created fear among parents.

In the end Wakefield did a great deal of harm, even though much of what he said was actually true. There is an unwritten rule that must not be challenged, “vaccines do no harm”.

As Martha Herbert pointed out, everything regarded as “Wakefield” became taboo, and research in those areas became un-fundable. The link to GI problems is one area she highlighted and is still disputed by many, but not Boston Children’s Hospital, supposedly the number one Pediatric hospital in the world."

"Do vaccines cause autism?

I was surprised last week when my mother, a retired doctor, asked whether I thought the MMR vaccination caused autism . My reply was along the lines of “maybe sometimes, but we will never know”. A year ago, I would have simply said “of course not”.

Monty, autistic and aged 9, also flies from Belgrade to London, and sometimes via Munich. Planes have got much bigger and safer and airports are much better prepared for bad weather. Flying will always have a risk and all drugs have an element of risk; so naturally vaccines also have a risk.

From a public health perspective, it is clear that vaccines save millions of lives and so any risk is vastly outweighed by the overall benefit.

If you were Bill Gates, who is nobly trying to eradicate polio from the planet (he now has the added problem of the Taliban killing the vaccination teams in Pakistan), what would you say about Andrew Wakefield and his linking of autism to vaccines?

Not surprisingly he gets referred to as a fraud and that his research was rigged and that later research proved him wrong. Now can we get back to eradicating polio!

In the big picture Bill is definitely right; Andrew Wakefield may also be right, but will he ever get a fair chance to prove it? Captain James Thain waited ten years, I think Andrew Wakefield will need to wait much longer.

It sounds highly plausible that injecting a combination of vaccines preserved in a solution with mercury (the mercury has now replaced by a much larger amount of aluminium) might cause an adverse reaction in the brains of a small number of subjects; perhaps ones with a slightly permeable blood brain barrier (BBB). Rather than trash this hypothesis, it would have been better to fully investigate it and perhaps develop safer vaccines. As in Munich, there has been an investigation, but I was rather shocked reading comments of researchers familiar with those studies.

I would agree with Bill that Andrew Wakefield could be seen as a danger to public health, but what if he is also right. Does it matter? If you are touched by autism, then yes; otherwise probably not."

"Vaccines can trigger mitochondrial disease in children, which will appear as autism. This was proved by Dr Jon Poling a US neurologist trained at Johns Hopkins, who won $1.5 million in compensation for his daughter. Here interviewed on CNN:-

Vaccines caused one little girl's autism, but that does not mean they caused it in your child. How widespread this problem might be is something Dr Poling does comment on, but it is not something anybody would research. Johns Hopkins is home to some of the best autism and mitochondrial disease researchers and clinicians. They even developed a cheap therapy to minimize the risk of possible damage from vaccinations to their young patients who already have mitochondrial disease. "

You should also look at the other side Brian Deer the investigative journalist who exposed Wakefield has made a whole career off this one story, there is also a documetary called "The Pathological Optimist" showing Wakefield's side of the story and why he was suing Brian Deer for deformation.

Last edited:

IThinkImTurningJapanese

I don't need to ridicule Wakefield, as Wakefield has ridiculed himself by associating with the conspiracy theory crowd — presenting his MMR "science" on a conspiracy theory ocean cruise, alongside people presenting talks on crop circles, UFOs, chemtrails, and other nonsense.

That's a really weak argument, Association fallacy.