• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Whit’s fb post yesterday.

bensmith

Whitney Dafoe Yesterday at 8:00 AM · Merry Christmas from bed!
Santa was unhappy this year because he has a chronic illness that NIH refuses to fund or take seriously and so there are no real treatments and he has to be fed liquid food via a j-tube. Milk and cookies can’t be blended and put into the Jtube so he’s a bit grumpy this year. He put a lump of coal in Francis Collins’ stocking and the stockings of all the directors of NIH institutes.
On a more serious note, this can be an extremely lonely time for isolated ME/CFS patients. The holidays are all about getting together with family and many of us including myself will be alone this Christmas. But you are not actually alone. We are all connected and in this together. If you feel sadness taking over feel the connection to all the other millions of ME/CFS patients who are also alone today. We may be alone but we are alone together.
I will be wishing/thinking/praying for all of you today. Let’s all hope for a cure in 2021!
And on that note I have a small gift of hope for you for Christmas. I’ve been allowed to share some vague information about one of the many breakthroughs Superman has made at Stanford. They have studied the affect Abilify has on ME/CFS patients at a molecular level and figured out some ways to possibly accomplish some similar things in a much more effective way. I wish I could say more it is really exciting stuff. But it needs to be released to the public at the right time or it could negatively impact what is best for ME/CFS patients including future funding.
You just opened a box of HOPE for Christmas!!! :) <3

Wasnt sure if it should go here or someplace else but wanted to post. Hope we get to hear the news soon. Aching for it, thanks whit and the fam. Merry christmas hope yall are best as possible.

junkcrap50

I’ve been allowed to share some vague information about one of the many breakthroughs Superman has made at Stanford. They have studied the affect Abilify has on ME/CFS patients at a molecular level and figured out some ways to possibly accomplish some similar things in a much more effective way. I wish I could say more it is really exciting stuff. But it needs to be released to the public at the right time or it could negatively impact what is best for ME/CFS patients including future funding.
BIG NEWS!

Did they uncover more of the mechanism underlying CFS? Or did they just figure out why Abilify works?

YippeeKi YOW !!

do you know anything about this? Who had such results on Abilify. ☺️
Not sure what Abilify results you're referring to, since " .... such results ..." is kinda vague and gives no clues ....

There's several threads on Abilify and its uses in ME/CFS, including from participants in the Stanford Abilify tests. A quick search on this site should pull 'em up ...
Bit depressing to see this is from a year ago and we haven't heard anything new about it..
I agree, but I long since have given up on promises of follow-up on pretty much anything to do with Abilify studies .... information seems to be held tighter than nuclear defense secrets ....