• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

White Hawk - A Good Spiritual Omen

Wayne

White Hawk

Well, it’s a relatively slow Saturday night again, and thought I’d post a little something to reflect what I think Saturday nights should be. Namely, taking a break from some of the things that can sometimes weigh on us. This would include some of the scientific and deep thinking stuff on this forum! :)

Anyway, my wife recently had an experience involving a white hawk. Since neither of us knew whether white hawks even existed, I did a little searching and discovered they do. I also found a picture that I thought was quite striking and beautiful (below), so thought I would share it here tonight. I also thought I would send along some quotes (not mine) referencing the hawk as a good omen in a person spiritual life.

Hope you enjoy the pictures and the quotes.

Best Regards, Wayne

In the traditions of some Native Americans, the hawk is a messenger of God. Its appearance is a blessing, for it alerts an individual to go to the spiritual mountain and employ the gift of godlike vision.

A hawk is a good spiritual omen. According to Native American legend, the hawk’s cry –- a shrill whistle –- is to pierce the awareness and awaken people to a state of full awareness. The whistle of a hawk is like the cry of a prophet.

So the symbol of a hawk is about having a clear spiritual vision.

The sharp whistle of a hawk is one of the best images to appear in your spiritual life, for it holds out an offer of love, wisdom, and spiritual freedom.

Listen for its cry tonight.

ETA I couldn't seem to get the image to enlarge, but if you click on it, it will do so.

Click here to go directly to the online picture.

whitehawk..jpg

Dreambirdie

work in progress
Thanks Wayne for sharing this lovely image.

I love watching the red tail hawks around here, but have never see a white one. Will keep my ears open to the cry.

Sing

What a stunningly beautiful image! I have never seen a white hawk. Thank you too for the thoughts on its meaning, so well expressed. I live near the top of a hill. Right at the top on some very large old maple trees often sits a hawk, so I see him soar with the light behind his wings. Sometimes the hawk visits my bird feeders. I've learned to look for him when they are suddenly still, vacant of their usual crowd. He will be at the top of the tallest pine. I let birds remind me of spiritual reality, to come out from my mind's emotional pre-occupations. That in itself is like stepping outside for a breath of air. I take the birds as encouragement--

Sing

HopingSince88

I have also never seen a white hawk. What a beautiful bird!

As far a larger birds, I have eagles, red-tailed hawks, osprey nearby, as well as 3 different types of owls.

I love to awaken to the sounds of the wee songbirds.

Thanks for this thread, Wayne.

C

Cloud

Wayne......Great thread. I have always felt a connection with raptors, especially hawks....and more so than any other bird or animal. There are many raptors here where I live....mostly Redtail and Osprey. We see them often......But, there are those special times when the bird comes into my path in a way that is with intent for connection with a message of deeper meaning. I love those times....I feel honored and humbled when they happen.

Thank you for creating some good energy.....That to which we focus our attention grows stronger

Sunday

Wayne, thanks for the hawk post, it's a good reminder. Of course I was trying to figure out what kind of hawk it is; the only close-to-white hawk I've seen is a Cooper's hawk, but this one looks bulkier than they do.

It's a Saturday night again and I'm glad to be on the right thread reading the right thing...

White Hawk Sighting

Folks,
I have noticed for the last twenty years (since my father died that I was very close to) that whenever I least suspect it, I will see a hawk as I am traveling in a car....etc.

Most of the time, it's at a time when I am needing a little "lift."

Yesterday I was sitting on my mom's condo upper porch with her, after spending a fun day eating out and then cooking at the condo with her.

She has alzheimer's but is still living independently, with the help of myself, and two sisters.

I saw this HUGE white hawk, and have never seen this before, with the wing span of a human.
It was quite etheral, and I felt it was a definite message from my father. It was awesome!!
Sheila

C

Cloud

Folks,
I have noticed for the last twenty years (since my father died that I was very close to) that whenever I least suspect it, I will see a hawk as I am traveling in a car....etc.

Most of the time, it's at a time when I am needing a little "lift."

Yesterday I was sitting on my mom's condo upper porch with her, after spending a fun day eating out and then cooking at the condo with her.

She has alzheimer's but is still living independently, with the help of myself, and two sisters.

I saw this HUGE white hawk, and have never seen this before, with the wing span of a human.
It was quite etheral, and I felt it was a definite message from my father. It was awesome!!
Sheila

That's really wonderful Sheila. I would feel the same. Thanks for sharing.

helsbells

I hope with all my heart that birds are as symbolic as you guys suggest they could be. There are birds I look and hope to see and would dearly love to believe it is more than wishful thinking on my part. love to allx

Sing

This is the time of the hawk migration, eagles, and many others, sweeping down from Canada through the NE to where there is open water all winter.

Wayne

This is the time of the hawk migration, eagles, and many others, sweeping down from Canada through the NE to where there is open water all winter.

Hi Everybody,

I thought some of the replies on this thread were striking and beautiful, and thought I'd bump it up for others to enjoy.

Best Regards, Wayne

ahimsa

ahimsa_pdx on twitter
Also, ahimsa had posted a question about what kind of bird was pictured in my avatar. I thought some of the replies on this thread were beautiful, and thought I'd bump it up for others to enjoy.

Thanks, Wayne, for the response to my limerick! (for those who don't know what I'm talking about see http://forums.phoenixrising.me/showthread.php?14081-LIMERICK-YOUR-FRIENDS!&p=211837#post211837 ) These silly limericks were supposed to include something about the user member if possible. Since I'm a bit of a bird watcher, and since my own avatar photo is a bird, I thought asking about your avatar photo would be fun.

I really enjoyed the larger image of that white hawk - just beautiful! It looks like that particular photo was taken in Belize? (see http://www.markprettinaturetours.com/belize_photo_gallery.htm and scroll down) I've also heard of people seeing albino versions of various hawks (e.g., red tailed hawks).

I know this is way off topic from spiritual omens but I wanted to let you know I saw your message. I don't know much (okay, I don't know ANYTHING!) about that topic so I've learned a few new things from this thread.

:D Thanks again for all the information. :D

That's really wonderful Sheila. I would feel the same. Thanks for sharing.
Hi Everybody,

Thanks for some of your striking comments on this thread. It's getting to be about the time of year again, when many magnificent "birds" make their pilgrimage down from Canada. Thought it might be a good time to share some quotes (below) referencing the hawk as a good omen in a person's spiritual life.

Also, ahimsa had posted a question about what kind of bird was pictured in my avatar. I thought some of the replies on this thread were beautiful, and thought I'd bump it up for others to enjoy.

Best Regards, Wayne

In the traditions of some Native Americans, the hawk is a messenger of God. Its appearance is a blessing, for it alerts an individual to go to the spiritual mountain and employ the gift of godlike vision.

A hawk is a good spiritual omen. According to Native American legend, the hawks crya shrill whistleis to pierce the awareness and awaken people to a state of full awareness. The whistle of a hawk is like the cry of a prophet.

So the symbol of a hawk is about having a clear spiritual vision.

The sharp whistle of a hawk is one of the best images to appear in your spiritual life, for it holds out an offer of love, wisdom, and spiritual freedom.

Listen for its cry tonight.
Thank you for that information on White hawks and the spiritualism behind it. About 30 years ago i was going through a really hard time and dreamed of a large white hawk. I've always wondered what it meant and now i know. Also whenever i have something heavy on my mind i will usually see a hawk. Usually a red tail. I'm also part Native American and proud of it. Thank you so much for clarifying this for me.

Wayne

White Hawk Sighting

Folks,
I have noticed for the last twenty years (since my father died that I was very close to) that whenever I least expect it, I will see a hawk as I am traveling in a car....etc. Most of the time, it's at a time when I am needing a little "lift."

Yesterday I was sitting on my mom's condo upper porch with her, after spending a fun day eating out and then cooking at the condo with her. She has alzheimer's but is still living independently, with the help of myself, and two sisters.

I saw this HUGE white hawk, and have never seen this before, with the wing span of a human. It was quite etheral, and I felt it was a definite message from my father. It was awesome!!

Hi Sheila,

Thank you for sharing your remarkable experience (I should have thanked you two years ago when you first posted this). :rolleyes::) If you still visit this forum, hopefully you'll see my reply here today. I just love to hear experiences like this.

Best Regards, Wayne

Wayne

Thank you for that information on White hawks and the spiritualism behind it. About 30 years ago i was going through a really hard time and dreamed of a large white hawk. I've always wondered what it meant and now i know. Also whenever i have something heavy on my mind i will usually see a hawk. Usually a red tail. I'm also part Native American and proud of it. Thank you so much for clarifying this for me.

Hi Patsy,

Sorry I didn't reply to your post earlier. Thanks much for sharing your experiences with hawks. I always enjoy reviewing some of the quotes I posted on this thread regarding the spiritual significance of a hawk showing up in our lives and am happy to hear they were so helpful for you.

Best Regards, Wayne

Thanks for this post, Wayne.

Until just a few eeks ago I did not know there was such thing as a white hawk. I have recently encountered this magnificent creature twice in Norrth-Central Washington State. According to wikipedia, the white hawk's normal distribution is in the tropical America's and so I am unsure what they are doing in the Pacific Northwest. I'm happy that I'm not the only one who has seen one.

Anyway I happened to have a camera with me during the second sighting and although the images are distant, you may be interested in checking them out.

https://www.facebook.com/Iaminfinit...10151451719174247.1073741826.604314246&type=3

<3 <3 <3

Hi, I’m from Tasmania Australia. Saw a white bird land in my tree beside my house on Tuesday (full moon), I stood for a moment until the birds eye caught mine. It’s then I realised it was a pure white hawk!!! I’ve never seen one before. We had a moment looking deep into each other’s eyes. I took a couple of pics, by the time I got down my steps for a better angle it flew north. Sorry pics aren’t the greatest, it happened fast!! I am spiritual and I see it as a powerful sign and the fact it was on a full moon and it stared straight at me, makes it very special. After looking online, I realised how rare a pure white hawk is and in so how I found this forum. I’m excited to share with you all. 🙏🏼💚🕉 I Love You #Lovewithoutself
B178233A-522C-4558-82F8-FE72E82A2F72.jpeg
F5203E68-4594-4461-A981-4ACD75543FCB.jpeg
1ADD07B0-E2FC-410A-982F-C7836CE540C7.jpeg
B178233A-522C-4558-82F8-FE72E82A2F72.jpeg
F5203E68-4594-4461-A981-4ACD75543FCB.jpeg
1ADD07B0-E2FC-410A-982F-C7836CE540C7.jpeg

Hawks kind of link in with the cfs journey for me. Not long after health really started to deteriorate, I moved to the countryside wanting to be in nature and I saw a couple of hawks quite regularly in the area.

Health continued to plummet during those few months in the country and I had an epiphany about moving back home to my parents on a particular day while I was there - I felt so strongly it was the right thing for me to do in order to start feeling better and later that same night, I came across a hawk in the field that seemed to have recently died. I had a good look at it and couldn't see any puncture marks or anything so could only assume it was of natural causes, just remember feeling so blessed to see it so close, as it's always struck me that you never really see dead birds around and I have often wondered where their bodies go. . .

It was magnificently beautiful and after already feeling a connection with it, I decided to snip off some feathers to keep, which I still have now and love looking at them - they are a beautiful reminder of spiritual connection for me and I really felt at the time it was like a really good omen; maybe even a gift from the hawk God if you like :)

Now I'm at home, there are another pair of hawks I see quite regularly here too that never used to be here when I was growing up and I always get great feelings upon seeing them, adore watching them actually.

Anyway, thank you for starting this thread and sharing your beautiful stories everyone; has brought up much happiness for me :)