• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Which markers identifies T Cell exhaustion?

ChookityPop

I found these but I dont know if its optimal.

Hallmarks of T Cell Exhaustion
  • Co-express multiple inhibitory receptors: PD-1, CTLA-4, LAG-3, TIM-3, 2B4/CD244/SLAMF4, CD160, TIGIT.
  • Loss of IL-2 production, proliferative capacity, ex vivo cytolytic activity.
  • Impairment in the production of TNF-alpha, IFN-gamma, and cc (beta) chemokines.
  • and the recently described B- and T-lymphocyte attenuator (BTLA).
Anything else?

Learner1

I found these but I dont know if its optimal.

Hallmarks of T Cell Exhaustion
  • Co-express multiple inhibitory receptors: PD-1, CTLA-4, LAG-3, TIM-3, 2B4/CD244/SLAMF4, CD160, TIGIT.
  • Loss of IL-2 production, proliferative capacity, ex vivo cytolytic activity.
  • Impairment in the production of TNF-alpha, IFN-gamma, and cc (beta) chemokines.
  • and the recently described B- and T-lymphocyte attenuator (BTLA).
Anything else?
Good question. Where can one get those tests and who would interpret them?

ChookityPop

Good question. Where can one get those tests and who would interpret them?

I dont know yet. I havent done regular t,b and natural killer cell testing yet but I have found the requisition paper and will bring it to my doctor. Are these tests capable of finding the abnormalities found here and here here etc?

These are some of the tests Ive found that I potentially can get my doctor to let me test.

-Quantification of T cells

(CD3, CD4, CD8)

-Quantification of T, B, and NK cells (CD3, CD4, CD8, CD19, CD16, CD56)

-T-cell subpopulations (Naive / memory / effector / regulatory / follicular / double negative / RTE)

-DNT (Double negative T cells)

-B-cell subpopulations (Naive / memory / isotype switched / plasma blasts / transient / CD21 low)

-Plasma blast quantification (cells / ml) (IgG4 related disease) Special

-HLH investigation A
(NK cell function test / Perforin / SAP / XIAP)

-NK-cellfunctiontest

Attachments

• 616689AB-9B3C-424D-9D57-33941A383B02.jpeg
    616689AB-9B3C-424D-9D57-33941A383B02.jpeg
    411.3 KB · Views: 13
  • 62C9CE73-6AE5-4DB9-9650-46A56C10E2F9.jpeg
    62C9CE73-6AE5-4DB9-9650-46A56C10E2F9.jpeg
    111.3 KB · Views: 13