• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Which Doctor?

Ronan

With all the new XMRV work going on now i was wondering if anyone knew who would be best to go and see. I have seen De Meirleir in the past but he didnt help much and have been thinking about going to see Dr. Cheney but wanted to know what stance he was taking with all the new info coming out recently and if he is having much success? Maybe their is someone else i havent heard of thats getting good results recently?

Thanks

Hi Ronan,

There are so many of us in your situation and wondering who could help us and what treatments we should follow. Have you seen Dr Cheney's own free website? I've been looking at it recently and trying to find out about supplements that can be used without prescription. The artesunate looks interesting and there's others here with valuable information about using it, you may have seen this thread already:
http://www.forums.aboutmecfs.org/showthread.php?601-Artesunate-Cheney-dosage-and-benefits

Maybe you've tried artesunate already as I've heard that De Meirleir has started to prescribe it for some of his patients.

I don't have any good information or advice, I just wanted to say that I hear your dilemma.

Too exhausted now but gonna try to pm you later in the week.

Hang in there!