• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Which Covid vaccine are we supposed to get?

YippeeKi YOW !!

I actually missed my apt today, slept through it
Oh great !!! Now you get to dread it twice !!! Wooo-HOOOOOO :bang-head::bang-head::bang-head::bang-head: ....

This is when I find the narcissistic concept of " .... everything happens for a reason ...." so consoling ...

I think it's from a herx reaction from restarting N-Acetyl Cysteine (NAC), one of the supplements I restarted in preparation for the vaccine. I had a small herx after I started it the first time too
Well, on the plus side, you may have confirmation re NAC reaction ....

Life's can be suuuuuch fun .... will be watching this space for updates and keeping fingers crossed that like so many others in our community, it's smooth sailing for you ....

sometexan84

Oh great !!! Now you get to dread it twice !!! Wooo-HOOOOOO :bang-head::bang-head::bang-head::bang-head:....

This is when I find the narcissistic concept of " .... everything happens for a reason ...." so consoling ...

Well, on the plus side, you may have confirmation re NAC reaction ....

Life's can be suuuuuch fun .... will be watching this space for updates and keeping fingers crossed that like so many others in our community, it's smooth sailing for you ....
Yea, NAC is like antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, helps clear out all the crap... so in general, it's supposed to actually help w/ herx reaction and not cause one.

But I sort of forgot NAC was an antiviral for Coxsackie B3, which I still have positive antibody titers of. That would explain the herx.

Actually, others might want to know this...

The CVB3 antiviral effect of NAC appears to be legit. After taking it the first time around, my CVB3 titers dropped to 1:80.

I had stopped NAC after reading this article on how it might increase replication of Chlamydia Pneumoniae.

But it actually never seemed to affect the C. Pneumoniae titers. Hopefully, being back on NAC will further lower my CVB3 titers.

1630018651160.png

Rufous McKinney

I think it's from a herx reaction from restarting N-Acetyl Cysteine (NAC), one of the supplements I restarted in preparation for the vaccine. I had a small herx after I started it the first time too

I launched a new experiment: glycine and NAC.

One session later: I canceled that experiment until I've recovered from my Pfizer 2.

a giant bubble formed inside my brain....it felt like The Prisoner..........

Rufous McKinney

so in general, it's supposed to actually help w/ herx reaction and not cause one.

But I sort of forgot NAC was an antiviral for Coxsackie B3, which I still have positive antibody titers of. That would explain the herx.

could one NAC ....create a reaction?

could the giant bubble in my head be: Coxsackie? EGAD:headslap::bang-head:

ChookityPop

Yea, NAC is like antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, helps clear out all the crap... so in general, it's supposed to actually help w/ herx reaction and not cause one.

Actually, others might want to know this...

The CVB3 antiviral effect of NAC appears to be legit. After taking it the first time around, my CVB3 titers dropped to 1:80.

I had stopped NAC after reading this article on how it might increase replication of Chlamydia Pneumoniae.

But it actually never seemed to affect the C. Pneumoniae titers. Hopefully, being back on NAC will further lower my CVB3 titers.

View attachment 44483
What NAC dose did you take?

Last edited:

sometexan84

Any update on getting the shot?

Bill
I actually haven't done it yet. I'm waiting til I feel better. I think the herx reactions I'm getting are from more than just the NAC.

Cause when I restarted my meds/supps, it was 15 all at once (which I don't recommend anyone doing). It could be as least another week before my body adjusts, maybe more. So yea, I'm just waiting.

Marylib

@Pyrrhus Where is the best place to organize and post articles from science journals, like this one? People are talking about vasculitis and related matters and my POTS guy is a nephrologist, though he's in a place where he is no doubt trying to save his kidney patients from dying from the actual disease at the moment - Oregon, US. He would be monitoring those patients no doubt. No one is monitoring us.
https://www.ajkd.org/article/S0272-...s44h5LHPPfrOAHrS15K1Bhnv018ooDR4tk16NfT20DVEA

Pyrrhus

@Pyrrhus Where is the best place to organize and post articles from science journals, like this one? People are talking about vasculitis and related matters and my POTS guy is a nephrologist, though he's in a place where he is no doubt trying to save his kidney patients from dying from the actual disease at the moment - Oregon, US. He would be monitoring those patients no doubt. No one is monitoring us.
https://www.ajkd.org/article/S0272-...s44h5LHPPfrOAHrS15K1Bhnv018ooDR4tk16NfT20DVEA

If the science article is about ME/CFS, it can be posted in "Latest ME/CFS Research":
https://forums.phoenixrising.me/forums/latest-me-cfs-research.15/

If the science article is about something else, it can be posted in "Other Health News and Research":
https://forums.phoenixrising.me/forums/other-health-news-and-research.17/

If it is older research, it can often be posted in an appropriate sub-forum under "Symptoms" or "Treatment".

I hope this helps.