• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Where Can I get XMRV diagnostic test done?

I have blue Shield medical insurance and live in Northern California, Sacramento. I was wondering where one could pay for or maybe even get his Health insurance to pay for something like this. Money is not an issue. Thanks.

August59

Daughters High School Graduation
I'm pretty sure that VIP Diagnostics at this link in Reno, NV is the only lab offering testing for XMRV. I have not heard of any insurance companies covering the cost of this test.

Sushi

Moderation Resource Albuquerque
Does anyone know how much this cost?

It is $550 for the combination of both the culture and the serology. I am not sure how that breaks down as I ordered both. They will bill Medicare for you but otherwise you have to submit their invoice to your insurance company. They don't run your credit card or send your invoice until all your test results are complete. Since this can take a couple of months, it might give a little breathing room for the budget.

Certainly other labs will offer this test in the future....but who knows when. I wanted to know and get started with some treatment.

Best wishes,
Sushi

George

waitin' fer rabbits
Ryan VIPdx also has a serology test now! $280 for that kit. Also of note there is a lab that advertises on the net called Clongen, avoid them!!! The fatigue centers have put XMRV in their advertisements now as well and personal opinon those guys would probably try to treat you with something crazy?

No treatments ya know for now so it' info only. Call VIPdx and talk to them they are a great bunch. Welcome to the boards!