• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Where can i get omega/3 6 WITHOUT vitamins E, D and E; any recommendations?

keenly

I was using VEGEPA

any recommendations? what does CHENEY use?

I need one without the antioxidants in as i am treating bacterial infections but also working on cell membranes.

Alexia

Hi Keenly.
I'm taking PC Phosphatidyl Choline from BodyBio. My nutritionist says that it has omega 3 and 6 at the correct proportion. It is an expensive supplement but I feel good with it. I find it better than the VegEpa that I used for a couple of years. PC is available in capsules or iquid (more like a syrup but without any sugar or sweeteners).

alice1

krill is very good and most health stores carry it..it's only omega 3 and because it's such a small fish the mercury content would be the lowest if any.
good luck.

Chris

Hi; the krill oil I use (Neptune) does contain some omega 9 and a tiny bit of omega 6, but is mostly omega 3; it contains naturally occuring astaxanthin, a very powerful antioxidant, so does not need the usual fish oil mix of E and C or whatever to protect it from rancidity. It also contains valuable phospholipids, good for cell membranes. By the way, krill is not a fish--it is more like a small shrimp! ask any balene whale.
There is also a newish salmon oil by New Chapters that contains natural astaxanthin and I think no E or C, but I think it contains naturally occuring D.
Best, Chris

*GG*

Did you mean another Vitamin in your title?

I was going to say Nordic Naturals. But then I noticed it has 100 IUs of Vitamin D3 and Vitamin E of 30 IUs. The Vitamin D to me seems rather trivial, but it appear the the Vitamin E is 300% of our Daily Value!

Not sure how good of a number this is, but I think that the Vitamin D values will be changed in the near future! 400 IUs of Vitamin D appear to be due for a major overhaul, I think the recommendation will probably go up to about 4,000IUs in the future!

Please vote for PANDORA on Chase Community Giving

Frank has put instructions at: http://chasegiving.tk/

They are slipping and without the community pulling together, it's likely they will lose $20,000. Your vote could make the difference.

Voting ends July 12 (before the end of the day for many people in the world)

If you've already voted, maybe show your support by having a signature plugging it through July 12.