• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Where can I find where ICPETs are available? Is there any data repository?

marcjf

I think I would benefit from an ICPET. Unfortunately they are not available in my country for diagnostic purposes. I had a consultation last year at Brigham with Dr Systrom, and I am technically booked for one there, but it is really for insurance assessment purposes. And they are really backlogged, so I could not have it done there anytime soon.

I was looking whether I could do it somewhere else instead. I know some other places do them, like the UCLA, Cleveland Clinic. I know at least one other country that offers it. This means that there are options out there, but it is just so hard to find information.

Unfortunately the MEPedia right now does not have much data as of today: https://me-pedia.org/wiki/Invasive_cardiopulmonary_exercise_test

Could someone please point me to where I can find more information?

dylemmaz

systrom got me in for a CPET relatively quickly. then his staff put me on the cancellation list and ended up bumping up the date 2 months sooner than originally scheduled. i don’t know if i will be able to make my appointment because i’m so unwell so maybe you’ll end up taking my spot (scheduled for october)

are you on their cancellation list?

marcjf

Thanks a lot. Yes, I have been on their cancellation list for a while.
Maybe even that list is backlogged.

I also thought about exploring other locations just in case it does not work out due to some insurance issue. They say the insurance can only do an assessment within one or two months of the actual exam.

hapl808

I'm not well enough for a test like that, but I've gone to many doctors at UCLA ever since falling ill in the 90's and no one ever suggested that or said they did any testing like that.