• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

When will WPI take patients

readyforlife

Does anyone know when WPI will start taking patients?? I was under the impression that after they opened that they would be taking patients.

paddygirl

Does anyone know when WPI will start taking patients?? I was under the impression that after they opened that they would be taking patients.

Hi R...

I asked Dr M about this at the New Jersey conference. Her reply was funding, none of their grants have been approved. It's ironic, people would be lining the block (on chairs maybe) but they haven't got the resources to get it started.

I for one would be in the Q, sell the car, mortgage the house, whatever it takes:D

Paddy x

leaves

They'll also need a medical director before they can start seeing patients...

leaves

well that is the job of the medical director; to supervise the treatment of patients, and set up and design treatment. They will need MD's there...

Rita

Its very sad to know this, because hundreds of patients all over the world are waiting to be treated.
But I believe that they also need to have treatments that work, a good test to count antibodies to XMRV ,etc.

redo

@Thread starter: love your nick! I am so ready for life too... It's been to many years in h*ll...

citybug

We need a new fundraising drive. With 2000 people here ,,. there's gotta be a way.

paddygirl

2000 x $????

It just seems like a daft situation, just say for example 2000 patients could beg or borrow the amount for a total workup and diagnosis (something I've never had) and perhaps then a treatment plan for a year. If people committed to it, could that not launch a program with enough in the kitty for a years wages and costs for maybe a Medical Director and 2 doctors?

It could be small scale to start, the WPI have treated people with good results already and some of those had Autism and Niemann Pick disease, such a huge community, so many people waiting.:confused:

TheMoonIsBlue

I hear the housing market is really, really bad in Nevada.......ME/CFS patients could turn it right around because there would be a whole swarm of us descending upon the state if the WPI opens and has a real treatment available. We could all move to the same city and create our own little compound.......Name it Sick as He-ll village....!

Think we'd scare away the healthy neighbors? :) LOL

citybug

It just seems like a daft situation, just say for example 2000 patients could beg or borrow the amount for a total workup and diagnosis (something I've never had) and perhaps then a treatment plan for a year. If people committed to it, could that not launch a program with enough in the kitty for a years wages and costs for maybe a Medical Director and 2 doctors?

If 2000 contributed $10. That's 20,000. Nice, but ...
if 2000 raised $100 each, $200,000. I think that would do something. If some give much higher donations, or we get chain letters going which raise 10 $10 donations each.

readyforlife

I don't think it's a funding issue. I emailed WPI and this was the reply back.... At this time we are selecting the medical director for the clinic. Shortly after that person is chosen we should have a better idea of when the clinic will open.

I think that they are not sure how to deal with us. They will need to come up with some kind of protocol and as we know so well that what works for one doesn't for another. Back to funding, once you start taking patients you can start to bill their insurance and start making money or break even. You have to run it like a business take out a loan and start to get to work to pay it off. Also they will have to figure out how to bill our insurance ie. what code will they use because cfs/me is not valid. They may not have funding for research that would make more sense.

I actually called them about 4 days ago and they said that right now they are hiring medical staff and that they should be up and running in about two months..

I hear the housing market is really, really bad in Nevada.......ME/CFS patients could turn it right around because there would be a whole swarm of us descending upon the state if the WPI opens and has a real treatment available. We could all move to the same city and create our own little compound.......Name it Sick as He-ll village....!

Think we'd scare away the healthy neighbors? :) LOL

I actually thought about this already i work for a company that has branches in Nevada, if treatment becomes available and if it actually helps me i just might move there...

TheMoonIsBlue

I actually called them about 4 days ago and they said that right now they are hiring medical staff and that they should be up and running in about two months..

Oh, that's good news!!

Wish we had some info on what they have been up to lately, testing any medications, trials, etc. Guess we'll find out if/when patients report back here.