• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

What's worked for me

eljefe19

Irresponsible or not I will be taking YK-11 and I will be reporting my results. I know there are people interested in the results.
You guys are great for the most part, and I am proud to guinea pig for the community.

image.jpeg

Just be careful

eljefe19

I would start with aminos because they are essential for mTOR activation.
Leucine, Glutamine, Tryptophan, Glycine, AKG etc. EAA as well. Then I would add in Tramadol, Florinef and Cimetidine. MYO-X inhibits Myostatin and it seems to be working. More research needed though.

eljefe19

One approach I'm taking is trying to increase BDNF and in turn activate Akt/mTOR. I started Magtein today, it's supposed to raise brain Mg levels and increase BDNF. I'll also be trialing Semax to upregulate Trk-B receptors and increase BDNF.

gregh286

One approach I'm taking is trying to increase BDNF and in turn activate Akt/mTOR. I started Magtein today, it's supposed to raise brain Mg levels and increase BDNF. I'll also be trialing Semax to upregulate Trk-B receptors and increase BDNF.

Love your stuff on mtorc eljefe. Don't worry about the super nanny's.
With CFS everything is experimental.....is it really dangerous ? Doubt it....so f@@k it try it. That's my approach as well. Without guinea pigs we.will go NOWHERE.
Ok we can all wait for successfull stage 3 trials of a potential drug.....BUT every day is a day lost with CFS. Time is of the essence.
All too easy to sit on the fence.
I'll join you with the experimental stuff.
It's more dangerous to do nothing IMO.

eljefe19

With CFS everything is experimental.....is it really dangerous ? Doubt it....so f@@k it try it. That's my approach as well. Without guinea pigs we.will go NOWHERE.
Ok we can all wait for successfull stage 3 trials of a potential drug.....BUT every day is a day lost with CFS. Time is of the essence.
Greg, my brotha, this is the best comment I've ever read on PR. I'd give it 100 likes if I could.
It's people like you that restore my faith in PR.
Soon I'm going to make a big post on mTOR, you will dig it.
Prof Davis said that PEM could be harmful and it perpetuates the disease.
So you're exactly right, not trying to treat this illness may be making you worse.
Greg are you considering trying YK-11?

gregh286

Greg, my brotha, this is the best comment I've ever read on PR. I'd give it 100 likes if I could.
It's people like you that restore my faith in PR.
Soon I'm going to make a big post on mTOR, you will dig it.
Prof Davis said that PEM could be harmful and it perpetuates the disease.
So you're exactly right, not trying to treat this illness may be making you worse.
Greg are you considering trying YK-11?

Here's the problem with CFS.
When mtorc goes down its cannot be consistently resurrected.
This means days you can bang glutamine and leucine like the walking dead are coming after you and ZILCH reply from mtorc.
Next day huge response.
Same with insulin. Normally in crash I hit basmati rice like it's running out....one day class.....next day no reaction.
So....sometimes when mtorc wants to stay in the cave......it cannot be enticed out....it sure you agree this moving target shit is most annoying..
The only way I can combat that is rotation of activators.
So yes I will add yk11 to my arsenal of weapons to draw the bastard from the cave.
It's self learning this beast......you have to keep tricking it.

eljefe19

Hmmm I never considered cycling. I have had pretty consistently positive results.
I think it's important to attack it from several different angles.
Aminos directly upregulate mTOR. YK-11 induces Follistatin which disinhibits Akt/mTOR. MYO-X which inhibits Myostatin. Cimetidine which lowers Tregs which disinhibits Akt/mTOR, etc. You see?

gregh286

Hmmm I never considered cycling. I have had pretty consistently positive results.
I think it's important to attack it from several different angles.
Aminos directly upregulate mTOR. YK-11 induces Follistatin which disinhibits Akt/mTOR. MYO-X which inhibits Myostatin. Cimetidine which lowers Tregs which disinhibits Akt/mTOR, etc. You see?

I've been working pretty much with aminos and insulin.
Cimetidine is script only in UK so waiting on it from somedodgypharmacy.com .
GP here would send you to the funny farm (mental institution) if you asked for tagamet for ME.

And just ordered yk11 so it's possible I'm some way behind you with activators.

eljefe19

I've been working pretty much with aminos and insulin.
Cimetidine is script only in UK so waiting on it from somedodgypharmacy.com .
GP here would send you to the funny farm (mental institution) if you asked for tagamet for ME.

And just ordered yk11 so it's possible I'm some way behind you with activators.
You're doing a good job following, you're not that far behind me with activators. The only thing you are probably missing is Tramadol. It upregulates Akt/mTOR and helps a lot of ME/CFS symptoms.

gregh286

You're doing a good job following, you're not that far behind me with activators. The only thing you are probably missing is Tramadol. It upregulates Akt/mTOR and helps a lot of ME/CFS symptoms.

That's another one I'll have to get from stealmycreditcarddetails.com online pharmacy.
UK bro.....nanny state.
Need a script to get a set of rubber gloves.[/QUOTE]

heapsreal

iherb 10% discount code OPA989,

Thats the spirit.
What doesnt kill you makes you strong.

HowToEscape?

I was too fatigued to give references on mechanisms and safety or lack thereof etc.

There are lots of people on here interested in the type of experiments I'm doing. You don't need to judge me for that. I'm trying to help people and I'm willing to guinea pig. I think that's a pretty noble approach...

It's good that a few people such as yourself are doing this, since official research isn't and probably won't. BUT, for those without medical/biological knowledge and an MD who will monitor them ($$) it's far out on a limb. I'd like to try some of these things myself, but do not have the other elements lined up to do so. It's hard to be your own biologist when you're too KO'd to do basic personal stuff, much less learn mammalian biology, then compare, sort and sift information, then run it by an actual MD, etc etc.

@eljefe19
The only real concern I have with any of this is that potentially it could negatively affect immunity and lead to higher viral titers.

You said you had them run which is useful, so it would be neat if you had titers retested in a couple months and again in a year. For information and your own sake.

I'm not that concerned because most of the mTor promoters are short-lived (if you find out they have long half-lives, that's essential info). The fact it's measurable is reassuring. It does happen in morphine/heroin users apparently, but can just as well ignore that.

dreampop

Eljefe19,

I'll be doing something similar, but am going to be going quite a bit slower. I plan to take Myo-X for 3 months and then add in epicatachin at night. The goal for me will be to keep Follistatin up 24/7 since Myo X would only elevate Follistatin for half a day. On BB forums, those with the most success had it after a few months and opposite in the day dosing.

If nothing else, I hope it will help build muscle with the once a week lifting I can do.

Good luck.

I'm confused why taking follistatin is recommended if it was deemed to be the same levels as in healthy controls in the latest study. I know it acts to lower Activin B, so we need an abnormally high level of follistatin?