• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

What’s next?

Martin aka paused||M.E.

By the way I was reading today on the peptides subreddit and while some people run BPC-157 for extended periods (all year for a few people..?), others recommend cycling and have observed tolerance developing over time.. No easy wins for us it seems! Have to tread carefully everywhere..
That's true and a disaster for everyone. The only positive thing is that I have an idea how I can increase my energy levels.

Learner1

I don't think people that benefit from antivirals targeting herpes viruses are positive in a PCR test context though.. That's partly why doctors don't like to prescribe the drugs.
I realize the conversation has moved on, but want to set the record straight. Your statements are incorrect. I've had positive PCRs for EBV and HHV6 and have benefited from valganciclovir and famciclovir. My doctor, one of the Clinicians Coalition, previously an AIDS doctor for many years, had no problem prescribing drugs for them.

GlassCannonLife

I realize the conversation has moved on, but want to set the record straight. Your statements are incorrect. I've had positive PCRs for EBV and HHV6 and have benefited from valganciclovir and famciclovir. My doctor, one of the Clinicians Coalition, previously an AIDS doctor for many years, had no problem prescribing drugs for them.

Sorry, I think I was unclear. Of course if you have a positive PCR test result and thus actually have a clear active infection, the drugs will be useful. Doctors will likely be perfectly happy to prescribe in this scenario.

I meant that there are many people who had negative PCR but have high IgG titres, or post-viral CFS onset, or whatever other criterion they used to determine that antivirals would be worth a shot, and have responded positively in the absence of a positive PCR test result.

My point was that the absence of a positive PCR result does not mean you won't have any benefits from antivirals, and that doctors might not be happy to trial them in that context.

Learner1

Sorry, I think I was unclear. Of course if you have a positive PCR test result and thus actually have a clear active infection, the drugs will be useful. Doctors will likely be perfectly happy to prescribe in this scenario.

I meant that there are many people who had negative PCR but have high IgG titres, or post-viral CFS onset, or whatever other criterion they used to determine that antivirals would be worth a shot, and have responded positively in the absence of a positive PCR test result.

My point was that the absence of a positive PCR result does not mean you won't have any benefits from antivirals, and that doctors might not be happy to trial them in that context.
Agreed. Thank you for clarifying.

Martin aka paused||M.E.

@GlassCannonLife do you have experiences with BPC-157. I read really bad stuff about it. Addiction, anhedonia and so on... And seems like there is a higher prevalence of those who take the oral ARG-salt tablets.

Do you know anything about that?

Apart from that I'm more interested in Bromantane, Semax and 9-ME-BC. Anyone experience with those?

There are quite good information on peptides and other supps here https://www.ergogenic.health/

GlassCannonLife

@GlassCannonLife do you have experiences with BPC-157. I read really bad stuff about it. Addiction, anhedonia and so on... And seems like there is a higher prevalence of those who take the oral ARG-salt tablets.

Do you know anything about that?

Apart from that I'm more interested in Bromantane, Semax and 9-ME-BC. Anyone experience with those?

There are quite good information on peptides and other supps here https://www.ergogenic.health/

Yeah I've read of some people having a negative response to it on the subreddit but it is definitely a minority of people - difficult to say if you'd fall into that camp though, particularly with your level of ME/CFS.

I've been using the arginine salt version but injected, started at 250 ug 2x a day and the past few days have done around 300-350 ug 2x a day. It seems to give me a noticeable "boost" after each shot in terms of energy and resilience.

I do have concerns about it potentially being a stimulant-like effect that would cause me to overexert so I'm trying to be careful (which for me of course includes constantly pushing too hard and then feeling shit, telling myself off, and repeating the cycle.. Lol).

I also do have NA-semax-amidate, which I have mixed into a sterile saline solution at 1 mg/mL so that each pump of the nose spray delivers 100 ug. I have only tried 200 ug in a dose maybe 5 or 6 times total, leaving a day or two in between. It seems to give me a slight improvement in mental clarity, but I haven't pushed the dosage to see if anything else would happen as I only started the BPC recently and don't want to try too much at once.

I haven't heard much about bromantane, but I thought I remembered some people reporting issues with 9-ME-BC.. Not sure if I'm remembering that correctly though. The peptides and nootropics subreddits generally have a lot of anecdotal reports.

Martin aka paused||M.E.

Yeah I've read of some people having a negative response to it on the subreddit but it is definitely a minority of people - difficult to say if you'd fall into that camp though, particularly with your level of ME/CFS.

I've been using the arginine salt version but injected, started at 250 ug 2x a day and the past few days have done around 300-350 ug 2x a day. It seems to give me a noticeable "boost" after each shot in terms of energy and resilience.

I do have concerns about it potentially being a stimulant-like effect that would cause me to overexert so I'm trying to be careful (which for me of course includes constantly pushing too hard and then feeling shit, telling myself off, and repeating the cycle.. Lol).

I also do have NA-semax-amidate, which I have mixed into a sterile saline solution at 1 mg/mL so that each pump of the nose spray delivers 100 ug. I have only tried 200 ug in a dose maybe 5 or 6 times total, leaving a day or two in between. It seems to give me a slight improvement in mental clarity, but I haven't pushed the dosage to see if anything else would happen as I only started the BPC recently and don't want to try too much at once.

I haven't heard much about bromantane, but I thought I remembered some people reporting issues with 9-ME-BC.. Not sure if I'm remembering that correctly though. The peptides and nootropics subreddits generally have a lot of anecdotal reports.
Yep it's hard to distinguish if s.o. had psychological problems before he started.

Anyway, Bormantane plus ALCAR seem to increase DA without experience tolerance.

I would very much like to try the injections of BPC-157 but I have to order from a EU based vendor and haven't found it yet. If you have an idea you're very much welcomed to PM me.

Thanks a lot.

MartinK

Anyway, Bormantane plus ALCAR seem to increase DA without experience tolerance.

ALCAR worked for me really well last year (less muscle pain, shorter PEM, more energy), but only for 2,5 months, then lost effectiveness within next 14 days.

Is the possibility that this combination would trigger effectiveness again? Were you interested in it closer @Martin aka paused||M.E. ?

Martin aka paused||M.E.

So little update.
I had two Ketamine IV (0.5g/kg) now and I'm able to eat and speak again. I have to very careful still or I'd crash but it has a noticeable effect.

I feel that you profit more the slower you administer the infusion (1 1/2 hrs are fine).

I will definitely go on experimenting with it.

Martin aka paused||M.E.

Ah ok that's cool. Are you just getting it prescribed by your doctor?
Yeah he sits in front of my during the infusion… yesterday we talked a lot about latest ME research and dopamine and TSPO ligands and so on… experimenting is not over… Atm I look into P110 and TSPO ligands but he wants to try other things first (Goldstein protocol)

GlassCannonLife

Yeah he sits in front of my during the infusion… yesterday we talked a lot about latest ME research and dopamine and TSPO ligands and so on… experimenting is not over… Atm I look into P110 and TSPO ligands but he wants to try other things first (Goldstein protocol)

That's great man, he sounds like a solid doctor. And yeah that seems like the attitude we have to have - just have to find that one treatment/drug/supplement that works for our particular problem and we can improve a lot! Always something else to try.

Glad to hear that playing with dopamine seems to be working so well.

andyguitar

You might find this interesting @Martin aka paused||M.E. it's about the connection between ketamine and serotonin. Had to chop it up a bit but the main point is here....

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-08-09 at 11-30-18 How does ketamine work as an antidepressant It’s complicated .png
    Screenshot 2021-08-09 at 11-30-18 How does ketamine work as an antidepressant It’s complicated .png
    146.9 KB · Views: 27
  • Screenshot 2021-08-09 at 11-31-06 How does ketamine work as an antidepressant It’s complicated .png
    Screenshot 2021-08-09 at 11-31-06 How does ketamine work as an antidepressant It’s complicated .png
    867.6 KB · Views: 26
  • Screenshot 2021-08-09 at 11-32-12 How does ketamine work as an antidepressant It’s complicated .png
    Screenshot 2021-08-09 at 11-32-12 How does ketamine work as an antidepressant It’s complicated .png
    107.8 KB · Views: 22