• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

what natural to use for pain when cant take medications at times

hurtingallthetimet

since driving kid to school i cant take medications and drive have to miss dose...told doctor gettting less prescriptions...she was very busy in hurry to get out of room and had to leave note with nurse. they call back today and say look up something natural for pain on internet..get motrin, advil etc...which i do..

i looked up some and got overwhelmed dont know what to belive and not and im pretty gulliable..what does anyone else do? the pain and fatigue is driving me beyond crazy....but nothing i can do i cant take medications and drive i refuse..seen on internet before others saying they do it but im not...i take hot baths, baths epsoms when have..motrin...muscle rubs things like that...but it feels like knives in my bones....no other option than my kid not get education...feel blessed and lucky for the times though that i dont have to take and stuff but even doing this small thing is really really cause alot of pain and fatigue..

id need something natural...something that doesnt effect driving or thinking...if anything really exsist out there...the baths, epsoms and motrin not working so great..

thanks

Valentijn

Fish oil helps a lot for me. It reduces inflammation, which some of us seem to have a lot of trouble with.

B12 also seems helpful, though I have absolutely no idea how! I used to think it was just hydroxyB12, but I'm in the US now where I only have access to MethylB12, and it seems to be working just as well.

And of course, letting my muscles rest as much as possible!

hurtingallthetimet

ok thanks i have b12 use and take multi vitamin when remember...

id aksed about taking the nyquil zzz i saw commercial about she told me not to take..not sure why i take nyquil and dayquil when sick...
thanks for replys..

taniaaust1

I too found fish oil ok for inflammation pain, it used to help my osteroarthritis kind of pain (with time and several weeks or so of use) but unfortunally didnt help the ME muscle pains in my case.

I personally found nothing at all to help that as far as natural stuff goes other then hot baths/hot water bottles and not doing so much physical things.

You could try learning hypnosis.. some have even had major surgery done while just using hypnosis for pain.

Devils claw capsules for inflammation

Gentle massage or just rub oil with rosemary in

Live wheatgrass each morning

Sorry baths dont work for you was just going to try one with dead sea salts in, as it gives me instant relief, pain and dicomfort doesnt go altogether but makes it bearable.

Hope you get lots of productive replies here to help you.

hurtingallthetimet

thanks for replies...im so sensitive to even otc cough medicines only take nyquil and dayquil wehn sick but had saw commerical for nyqilzzz its just for sleep so not sure why doctor doesnt want me to take it...
baths help some just with the amount of pain i have and cant take a dose of medication and stress of driving its getting to be too much....thanks again

jeffrez

Sorry to hear of the pain you're in. Take a look into Boswellia, it's anti-inflammatory and said to help with pain.

Have you or are you in a position to try gentle massage or reiki or the perrin technique.
Massage didnt really do much for my pains but reiki made a really good differentce. After a few sessions it improved no end and now I have top ups as and when I need them.
I havent tried Perrin technique as the therapists are too far from me.

beaverfury

beaverfury
Had a great response with DL-phenylalanine. Increases endorphins and enkephalins at opioid recptor sites resulting in pain relief. Dont know if its going to last. So far so good.

Vincent

i looked up some and got overwhelmed dont know what to belive and not and im pretty gulliable..what does anyone else do? the pain and fatigue is driving me beyond crazy....but nothing i can do i cant take medications and drive i refuse..

thanks

I'm a little confused, why do you refuse to take any rx for pain while driving? I've taken a number of pain medications, and I find they enhance my ability to drive and think. You can think much better when your senses are being bombarded by pain signals.

When I take vicoden I don't find any side effects. If I take it regularly I find it can make me agitated and short with people, once it wears off. Even with that said having narcotic pain relief allows me to think much more clearly while driving. Are you afraid of the side effects of any medication? Do you have previous bad experience with pain rx's? It does say on the bottle I believe to be careful with machinery, etc. Having been on butrans 10mcg and vicoden, both of which are narcotic pain reliefers, I've never had a driving problem. You could also take it and then practice in a parking lot or something so you get an idea of how it will make you feel.

If you are in moderate to severe pain I'm afraid there really isn't anything that will be effective outside of a prescription, whether it be a narcotic or a synthetic derivative.