For a long time I was intolerant to treatments. Activated charcoal, in particular would make me super sick.
I could tolerate cholestyramine for a while, but there was a point where I stopped it and started it again, and I could no longer tolerate it. Keep in mind that cholestyramine also binds other things like bacteria LPS, and when the immune shuts down, some of these bacteria can proliferate and species that are otherwise hamless can become harmful from overgrowth. So the cholestyramine can potentially be binding more than lipophilic exogenous toxicants. And in some cases, I think it stirs things up.
I personally haven't tried Olestra or Lipase inhibiting drugs. I've heard of people using Olestra, but I haven't heaard of people using lipase inhibiting drugs such as Orlistat, but if the theory is still correct like it was in 1996, I don't see why it wouldn't work on those with organochlorine exposures.
I personally don't see physicians anymore, so it's a bit harder for me to get these substances currently.
I know Dr. Shoemaker uses some of these treatments to treat mold illness. I definitely think sensitivity to molds exist in ME/CFS as result of CYP1B1 upregulation or allergy. I have questionable titers to Stachybotrys IgG, and have sensitivities myself, so I don't discount a mold component at all. But I think the concept of treating mold illness in particular isn't scientifically sound, especially after someone vacates a moldy building and gets new belongings. I don't think it's mold toxins that he is generally treating. And if it is, I don't think cholestyramine will help a continuous airborne exposure much, if at all.
Shoemaker claims to be treating CIRS, which isn't a defined medical illness. What he is really treating is toxic encephalopathy that's the result of lipophilic toxins. And it's well-established that such protocols are effective for removing organochlorine compounds.
But I think how much someone improves would be relative to their exposure and severity of insult to the limbic areas of the brain. General hypopituitarism and limbic kindling occurs as a result of exposure to organochlorine compounds.(as stated in the medical literature) just like what is observed in ME/CFS. I think how much you get better will be relative to the degree of damage that was done. In some (or many?) cases, the damage may never be undone and the limbic kindling may never go away. Your chances are probably better during youth or adolescence when the brain is better at remodeling.