• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

What is the dosage for intranasal glutathione?

I AM

What is the dosage for intranasal glutathione? I have searched high and low and cannot find it. I have a doctor willing to prescribe it for me if I can get her the dosing instructions. Thank you.

Mary

Moderator Resource
Hi @I am Phoenix - I don't know the dose but am tagging @Learner1 here, I know she uses glutathione and may be able to help you. Also, it might be good to change the title of your thread to be more specific, something like "What is the dosage for intranasal glutathione" - the more specific the better. There are so many posts and threads, members can't read them all, and often will just scan titles. And there are a ton of posts about glutathione.

If you would like to change the title of your thread, just respond here and I'll do it for you. Brand new members can't edit their posts initially - we limit new members' permissions to weed out spammers - but you will have full permissions before long.

Also, a tip - if you want to get someone's attention, you can tag them by putting the "@" sign in front of their user name as I did with you and Learner1 above, or like this: @Mary, and the member will get an alert that you've tagged them. :nerd:

I AM

I just wrote what was on my prescription tag. I'm guessing it's just an abbreviation solution.
I did a Google search and could not find it so I thought perhaps you knew. Hopefully my doctor will understand it. I have a feeling she may not :-( I will try the compounding pharmacy and see if they know. Thank you again!

wigglethemouse

Some info here
https://www.healthrising.org/blog/2...ndrome-fibromyalgia-practitioner-steps-forth/
Glutathione has to be provided intranasally, transdermally or via IV, but she believes IV dumps too much of it too quickly, causing adverse initial reactions. She prescribes compounded intranasal glutathione, 250 mg/ml, two sprays in each nostril three times per day. (Dr. Klimas uses the Key Compounding Pharmacy in Seattle).
Apparently there is a non-prescription version but it's expensive. GlutaQuick Nasal Spray
https://glutagenic.com/product/glutaquick-nasal-spray/

I have never tried as I don't know where to get it from. I tried to contact Skips pharmacy in Florida who I've read Susan Levine's patients use, but they never replied. So I'm interested if anyone has a good pharmacy recommendation or has tried GlutaQuick

Pyrrhus

My doctor currently has me on 1ML in each nostril, twice daily.
The glutathione is 10% nasal SOLN

Very interesting. How has the intranasal glutathione worked for you?

Were there any initial side-effects?

Do you know why your doctor prescribed it over NAC?

Thanks!