• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

What is important to know when having an overactive immune system and whether taking vaccines?

ChookityPop

I don't have any doctors to discuss these things with. I have autoimmune SFN, anti phospholipid syndrome and complement activation which I have figured out myself. The level of the healthcare system where I live is appaling even though they brag about being one of the best in the world.

What are some important things to know in relation to taking vaccines when having autoimmune disease and an overactive immune system?

Edit: is it any risks I should know about?

Last edited:

SWAlexander

I don't have any doctors to discuss these things with. I have autoimmune SFN, anti phospholipid syndrome and complement activation which I have figured out myself. The level of the healthcare system where I live is appaling even though they brag about being one of the best in the world.

What are some important things to know in relation to taking vaccines when having autoimmune disease and an overactive immune system?

May I ask in which country you live?

roller

wiggle jiggle
im clueless, im not vaccinated, and i only speak from my own & uneducated perception.

i would quarantine for 4 weeks before going to the vaccination.
so that your virus load is on a minimum (corona + possibly others).

after the vaccination there should be a quarantine as well.
as obviously other infections may break out, in vaccinated people.
also, yourself might be more vulnerable to other ppls infections.

SWAlexander

im clueless, im not vaccinated, and i only speak from my own & uneducated perception.

i would quarantine for 4 weeks before going to the vaccination.
so that your virus load is on a minimum (corona + possibly others).

after the vaccination there should be a quarantine as well.
as obviously other infections may break out, in vaccinated people.
also, yourself might be more vulnerable to other ppls infections.

Unless you have extensive blood tests you don´t know if you have immunodeficiency. In this case, Covid-19, or even Delta could create a load of problems.

roller

wiggle jiggle
immunodeficiency. In this case,
if one finds themselves "perfectly healthy", the vaccine CAN EASILY create a load of problems.

its exactly the point, @SWAlexander
the vaccine may, like other vaccines have proven in the past that they do, trigger existing conditions.

on top of all, one is more vulnerable during the first weeks after vaccination, and may acquire new infections...

also...
according to authorities, its especially the "immunodeficient" (e.g. elderly) which are thought to need the vaccine...
your gonna warning now?

SWAlexander

People with ME/CSF are not "perfectly healthy".
How many people know they have cystic vibrosis?
People with psoriasis, diabetes or had Herpes in childhood, etc are not "perfectly healthy"

ahmo

I have had sequential autoimmune issues since teenaged. I spoke w/ my GP, he agreed w/ my decision that vaccine poses risks for me. Too easy to set off some new problem. Also, I'm essentially a recluse. Don't mix w/ people, go out for shopping and health appts, wear a mask when it's directed in my local area.

SWAlexander

I have had sequential autoimmune issues since teenaged. I spoke w/ my GP, he agreed w/ my decision that vaccine poses risks for me. Too easy to set off some new problem. Also, I'm essentially a recluse. Don't mix w/ people, go out for shopping and health appts, wear a mask when it's directed in my local area.

"...sequential autoimmune issues..." Did your GP tell you what kind of new problems the vaccine will set off?
Most people with lupus and psoriasis show gene Tyk2 methylation in IL-12/23.

SWAlexander

if one finds themselves "perfectly healthy", the vaccine CAN EASILY create a load of problems.

its exactly the point, @SWAlexander
the vaccine may, like other vaccines have proven in the past that they do, trigger existing conditions.

on top of all, one is more vulnerable during the first weeks after vaccination, and may acquire new infections...

also...
according to authorities, its especially the "immunodeficient" (e.g. elderly) which are thought to need the vaccine...
your gonna warning now?

No, I´m not waring - I´m searching for answers.

ahmo

"...sequential autoimmune issues..." Did your GP tell you what kind of new problems the vaccine will set off?
Most people with lupus and psoriasis show gene Tyk2 methylation in IL-12/23.
No. And no one could know. I know that my system is fragile, I've worked years to establish an equilibrium, and given that I live in an area that hasn't had any cases for a year, and, as I said, am reclusive, I'm not willing to risk provoking my immune system. It took me 3 years to overcome the scleroderma that crept up on me a few years ago. Also, I almost never have colds or flu.