• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

What has stopped methylation for you?

Ninan

Would be interesting to see what, in ppls experiences, has stopped methylation from working. For me it's been:

Lack of vitamin C
Lack of magnesium
Lack of zinc
Lack of methylfolate
Lack of lithium

Methylfolate has been able to cover up for C, mg and zinc. When I took zinc and mg effect returned within a few hours. When C was the problem, the effect came the day after adding it.

panckage

I've stopped methylation even before I began it :p. From what I've read it seems overly complicated and the explanations have all been lacking.

It seems to be try these supplements in different orders and amounts. If there is failure it is the patient's fault. Basically it seems to be blame the patient as opposed to the therapy when treatment fails...

sregan

This is a good thread and something I've been researching lately. I believe the failure many have in taking these supps lies in a deficiency. I am having better success since I've added Glycine, for example. A comprehensive methylation supplement plan would account for all possible co-factors and possible deficiencies thereof. I hope this thread gains some traction in that end.

Back