• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

What happened to Dr. Kogelnik?

wigglethemouse

He still runs his clinic which also has a lab draw station. Looks like there is one other doctor (nutritionist) working with him.
http://www.openmedicineinstitute.org/the-clinic.html
The Open Medicine Clinic is a leader in practicing precision medicine in the era of big data. Our physicians and other providers offer clinical services in the following areas:
  • Unexplained/Difficult Cases
  • Genomic Medicine
  • General Internal Medicine
  • Infectious Diseases and HIV
  • Diet and Nutrition Consultation
  • Immunology
We are a fee-for-service clinic adjacent to the Open Medicine Institute. On site services include:
  • IV Infusion services
  • Stress/VO2 max testing (via OMI)
  • Lab draw services (via OMI)
  • SIBO testing, and more
We see adult and pediatric patients.
Andreas Kogelnik, MD, PhD

Andreas Kogelnik, MD, PhD, is the Director of the Institute. He completed his MD at Emory University School of Medicine and his PhD in Bioengineering at Georgia Tech. He trained as a resident in Internal Medicine and fellow in Infectious Diseases at Stanford University and remained there as a post-doc and research faculty before founding the Clinic in 2009 and Institute in 2011.

Diwi9

Administrator
For some reason I thought he's participating in the Cortene trial. I might be wrong and someone should correct me, if I am!

wigglethemouse

Diwi9

Administrator
@wigglethemouse - Interesting because I thought Kogelnik split with Kaufman/Chheda at the same time this trial began because of divided focus on a clinical trial vs. patient treatment. Anyone know more?