• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

What do I do?

bsw

w/r/t
I've been on Rich's protocol for about 2 months now and I feel like I'm wandering in the dark.

I feel like I've only improved by a slight amount (that I attribute to taking b12 every day)

My progress seems to be a snails pace. I can only tolerate tiny amounts of the multi-vit and have to stop every couple days when I start feeling weird. I haven't upped my dosage since starting it.

I have serious doubts as if what I'm doing is even working.

All the blood tests people have recommended have either returned normal or couldn't be done.

I couldn't find any doctors who understand methylation nearby. The ones in my country who do all seem to be natropaths and I can't find any sort of review system for them in regards to methylation.

I feel lost and sick of waiting. I have no idea if what I'm doing is helping and I'm terrified of wasting time on the wrong treatment. I come here and read, but nothing seems to really make sense. It just seems to all be jargon and medical terms I don't understand. None of which I can apply to my situation. Everything seems like a massive time investment and I don't know what to do. I don't even know where to begin.

What the hell do I do? Where do I even start?

Sherpa

Ex-workaholic adrenaline junkie
It's difficult. It took me 10 months of terrible floundering to start to get effects.

Rich's protocol has been proven by a small study to work, but it did not seem to produce enough results for me. My glutathione was very low and I couldn't seem to convert hydroxyB12 to active B12 forms.

I am now experiencing good results on my own methylation supplement regime. You might be able to get some ideas from my treatment that can help you figure out yours. The link is in my signature.

What Multivitiman are you taking? I think All in One (Holistic Health) is a good choice for sensitive people.

bsw

w/r/t
Thanks for the help. I wrote this post while stressed out and I think it definitely shows. I also had bad luck in regards to my general health recently - I caught two different colds over two weeks and it freaked me out.

Can anyone tell me what tests would help identify what areas I need to start working on? When I read stuff people post about CFS, most of it just goes over my head