• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

What Choline supplement do you take with Acetyl-l-Carnitine (for cognitive boost)?

Bansaw

I've got some Acetyl-l-carnitine. This supp has helped me in the past in terms of a cognitive boost, so I'm trying it again.

Its helping somewhat now, but I am looking for a choline source that Acetyl-l-carnitine can work with.
I am currently trying Alpha GPC but have been a little disappointed with the result.

Is anyone here using a different choline source or some other complimentary supp with Acetyl-l-carnitine ?

Crux

I'm taking citicoline and not taking acetyl-l-carnitine now.
I restarted citicoline because food wasn't effective enough to lower blood pressure.

It is giving me a cognitive boost. Function was really sinking.
Good results.

linusbert

i do egg yolks. good natural source of choline.
i open em into a glass with water, then use a big spoon to fish them egg yolks out. works fast.
EDIT: if u dont want to throw the eggwhite away you can cook it separately and eat or give it to the animals. but dont eat lots of raw eggWHITE because of avidin and potential biotin deficiency. raw eggYOLK is fine though.

right now i am also testing carnitine fumarate.

Last edited: