• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

what causes the sore throat we get?

I have noticed sore throat as a red flag that I've gone past what I should be doing. At first I kept thinking I was coming down with something, but then it would be gone again in the morning. Happened over and over again, didn't seem to have any correspondence with other infection-like symptoms, just fatigue. No more idea what causes it, but the fact that it is so common, and concurrent with fatigue, is certainly interesting. As I get better at not pushing past what I can do, the incidence of sore throat is less.

Rufous McKinney

If you have MCAS as a comorbidity it’s also a cause of sore throat.
yeah, I probably have that.

I take one quercetin a few times a week and cross my fingers.

(Yesterday, my strep level sore throat came on; and about 40 minutes later I noticed how that disappeared (I laid down and gave up the ghost).).

I don't think a virus can reactivate that quickly, create symptoms and then vanish. It's so very odd.

Dysfunkion

yeah, I probably have that.

I take one quercetin a few times a week and cross my fingers.

(Yesterday, my strep level sore throat came on; and about 40 minutes later I noticed how that disappeared (I laid down and gave up the ghost).).

I don't think a virus can reactivate that quickly, create symptoms and then vanish. It's so very odd.
This sore throat thing happened with me too, it started after my first dose of activated charcoal days ago and came with a achy/pressurized head feeling that also flared the neuropathy in the usual areas in my face. I was actually over stimulated, felt a lot more cold physically (got real cold feet and clammy hands), and couldn't sleep at first but after some days got tired enough to do so and when I actually got there I felt like I could go into a coma if I allowed myself to. When the over stimulation and headache went down the sore throat disappeared and didn't come back.