• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

What caused your CFS? POLL

What TRIGGERED your CFS? POLL

• Total voters
It looks like nobody knows for sure.. initial viral infection in my case, then almost a year later stress at school, probably genes helped too...

SaveMe

It looks like nobody knows for sure.. initial viral infection in my case, then almost a year later stress at school, probably genes helped too...

I think its a matter of what environment you are in during your initial onset of infection. ie. a dirty hospital

Snow Leopard

Hibernating
The poll is a bit.. Limited. There are other forms of infections, not to mention chemical exposure (industrial exposure, pesticides in ones home etc). There is also slow-onset without definite cause etc.

That didn't stop me from voting though.

SaveMe

The poll is a bit.. Limited. There are other forms of infections, not to mention chemical exposure (industrial exposure, pesticides in ones home etc). There is also slow-onset without definite cause etc.

That didn't stop me from voting though.

thanks man,
sorry im a little biased as you can tell.
I got CFS after Hep B vaccine.

valentinelynx

If I (or anyone) knew the answer to that definitively, then we would be on the way to fixing it.
Mine felt like a virus.
One person getting A after having B done is not a proof of cause.

SaveMe

If I (or anyone) knew the answer to that definitively, then we would be on the way to fixing it.
Mine felt like a virus.
One person getting A after having B done is not a proof of cause.

metaphysics states things that move were set into motion by something else. cause ----> effect . a virus enters the body and malfunctions the immune system. case closed