• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

What can I infer from these amino acid results?

gm286

What can I / ought I infer, understand, and do based off of the information on my amino acid results (Genova)? High histidine, threonine, taurine, citrulline, serine, and others.

I can't see what I can raise or what supplements I ought to use (aside for the obvious magnesium, vitamin A, vitamin E, pancreatic enzymes... I am not so sure about supplementing B1 though the results indicate I should).

I initially wanted to learn more so I took this urine amino acid test. Is there anything useful here which I can do something about? Usual symptoms: CFS/ME, fibromyalgia, nervous fatigue, adrenal fatigue, abysmal energy in the morning, eye floaters, erratic digestive tract. @Learner1

Screen Shot 2020-12-03 at 4.24.40 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-12-03 at 4.25.02 PM.png

Learner1

Interestingly, many of your out of range values may be due to B6 deficiency, but if says you don't need more... Could be magnesium deficiency, too, do focus on getting magnesium intake up.

It would be nice to see the page with the Krebs metabolites and pyruvate and lactate...

Wondering how much protein you eat? How many g a day per kg of body weight? Either yours eating too much to deal with, of you have gut dysbiosis - what does the gut section look like?

You may have a SUOX problem.

B1 is used in the transsulfuration pathway, so ng with molybdenum, to remove toxins from the body.

vision blue

Just a place holder to thank you for posting your results. on comments hopefully will recharge my batteries enough to be able to do that- just wanted to mention have read and not ignoring (not in my thoughts anyway)

gm286

@vision blue thanks, much appreciated. get well soon.

One thing I don’t get is the following: tested my blood plasma B1 and B6 and both are well within range.

The amino genova test above indicates I am lacking B1. I also see that based on the aminos, it seems I require more B6 and B1 to get certain processes going (krebs, urea, there were others).

How does this make sense?

Also trying to untangle my supposed “tryptophan dependent dysbiosis.” in a urine test earlier this year, all fungal and bacterial modules were fine except that I tested very high for Indican, a metabolite produced by bacteria which feed on protein.

Not sure how to reason through that either. On one “clinical applications of urinary organic acids” document I found on PR, it says high indican is linked to liver cirrhosis. My bilirubin always comes back slightly elevated but that’s all I can tell from my labs.

Learner1

Also the Organic Acid Test by Great Plains lab . I'm a fan of that one.
It does not do most antioxidants either. Or kids, needed for healthy mito and cell membranes - both important for ME/CFS patients, who typically have oxidative and nitrosative stress damaging membranes.

Although, the GOal OAT is the best test for discovering an oxalate problem.

stefanosstef

It does not do most antioxidants either. Or kids, needed for healthy mito and cell membranes - both important for ME/CFS patients, who typically have oxidative and nitrosative stress damaging membranes.

Although, the GOal OAT is the best test for discovering an oxalate problem.

What does kids mean?I suppose it's an acronym for a test?