• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

What brand b12 is recommended?

Hi,

A lot of the information of brands of recommended supplements seems to be quite old, is the Natures Way b12 brand still the one recommended? Or that outdated now?

Thank you

cph13

After much trail and error since 2013, I am finally seeing benefits with weekly IV 's which include b12 (up to 5000) b complex, NAC or GSH, w magnesium and iron when needed. IMHO, I've wasted 10 years of my life with sublingual b12. I strongly suggest checking iron and ferritin then seek a Dr. who will give b12 and b complex IV or injection w iron if needed.

Rvanson

I'm lucky. I have a fairly new doctor, to me. After I told him my low Vit B-12 levels are not helped much by the pills, I had a B-12 shot.

Shanti1

Administrator
I use a combination of methylcobalamin and adenosylcobalamin after my MMA showed B12 deficiency and my serum B12 test was high when taking methycobalamin alone. Taking both forms orally resolved the issue.

The dose, product, and form that works best is likely different for everyone, so you will have to experiment to find what works best for you. I haven't tried this product, but I have been intrigued by the B12 oil posted about by Hip: https://forums.phoenixrising.me/thr...ar-dose-to-b12-injections.75317/#post-2184463

Tammy

I take methylcobalamin with adenoslycobalamin. I used to get Global healing brand as they had a combo of both but now they have added hydroxycobalamin into the mix which might be OK but I've always taken just the methyl and adeno combo. Now I buy Vimergy brand which unfortunately is more expensive but high quality and I try to make it last. I don't take it every single day.

Tammy

I always see @Freddd recommend Enzmatic Therapy, is this one no good or not recommended anymore?
I think it really depends on the individual as to how adamant they are (or not) on getting a certain quality of product. I don't like the "other" ingredients in the enzymatic supplement. Pure encapsulations is another good brand you might want to check out.

Last edited: