• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

What are your symptoms?

Tulip

Everyone one seems to have different ones, i'm really interested to see how others are affected by this illness.

Mine are:

Severe flu like exhaustion
Post exertional malaise
Aching glands
Tonsillitis - pretty much chronic
Night sweats
Flu like feeling through my entire spine
Inability to regulate my temperature
Aching organs
Cognitive problems - trouble speaking, crossing the road etc

Francelle

The symptoms I have now are not all the same as when I first became ill in 2007.

. Moderate fatigue which lasted for three months, which progressed to extreme fatigue lasting for four months in the first year - now minimal fatigue.
. Heavy eyes & eyelids - still occur periodically.
. Fasciculations - initially 30,000 per day; now only about 1,000 per day.
. Neuropathy and neuropathy pain ++ this has not abated at all. This includes deep aching of leg muscles.
. About eight bouts over 18 months of extreme++ gut cramping with no associated diarrhoea.
. Stiffness of limbs now ?? alleviated with analgesia (Panadol Osteo and Tramadol and I suspect Lyrica has helped too).
. Elevated Heart Rate
. Orthostatic Hypotension - now much better with Florinef
. Burning and irritated tongue - now mch better since four months antibiotics.
. Post Exertional Malaise. This for me is NOT fatigue but a total draining of all my energy, high heartrate and inability to even stand up on those days when it occurs, which fortunately is only a few days per month mostly.
. Cognition issues - inability to take on board new and complex information, concentration, mental fatigue!
. Nausea/ early satiety/epigastric fullness/vomiting - diagnosed with Gastroparesis on GES scan
. Feeling like food stuck in oesophagus - diagnosed with Oesophageal Dysmotility/paralysis with manometry
. Constipation
. Hyperreflexia

These are just the symptoms I remember from the top of my head but I know there are others, which musn't be too troublesome at the moment or I would remember them - lol!