• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

What Are The Best Words To Describe Your Pain?

What Are The Best Words To Describe Your Pain?

• Total voters

*GG*

I think you might want to research this a little more, I think there are many more ways to describe pain!

GG

SaveMe

"I think you might want to research this a little more, I think there are many more ways to describe pain!"

GG
Yes, but the purpose was to identify only the most common and to keep it concise . There are probably as many types of pain as there are people in the world!

Boule de feu

I can't tell what it feels like. So, I won't vote.

For my legs - I guess I could say that it's like a real bad toothache.
My feet and knees are burning (or freezing - it depends)
I have a real bad backache - the normal type
Excruciating pain in my neck and head.
Abdominal pain is like menstrual pain (but guys would not know that)
Earache, sore throat, migraines.

I could keep going.

meadowlark

If you had "pounding," "numbing" and "paralyzing," "fevers" and "chills," I could answer "all of the above." Then there's the pain of post-exterional malaise. That's a pain there's no name for .... as though your blood cells are screaming as they move (under protest) through your veins.

Francelle

Extreme stiffness is a sort of pain also. Aching to the bone 24/7. Burning/freezing parasthaesias in legs and feet, lancinating pain in hips and knees and the list goes on! ;-)

SaveMe

Yes, way too many to list I know. Im sorry that I cant relate to some of the descriptions you mention above.

My pain is basic: FM-like in nature. A flu-like achiness all over my body. So I am grateful? that I have nothing more.