• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Weird rigors at night..

Mrparadise

Dear PR

Last night I woke up because my body was shaking and I felt really nauseous and somehow intoxicated. My body was shaking for a few seconds every 30 seconds for about 45 minutes. I was feeling pretty cold and therefore I took a hot bath. I googled this phenomen today and i guess its called rigors. I was pretty anxious last night because I though this might be seizures..

Anyway, I wanted to ask you if this could be a good singn because I was not feeling sick for almost 2 years now and I think that my body is fighting against something right now (maybe a bacterial infect or a virus?). I am way more active recently because I accepted a full time job which is pretty hard to take and I feel like shit almost every day but maybe somehow my body got activated somehow and now fighting against something that may be causing my CFS - this would be to good to be true though.

The only thing which might have caused these rigors last night would be the selenium supplement (200ug) I took for the first time...

Maybe someone knows that feeling or would like to add anything else - I would feel a lot better if I would know that this is not something I have to worry about.

Thanks in advance!

Judee

Psalm 46:1-3
I don't know why but lots of times when I take a mineral supplement I get very cold for a while afterward. I'm not sure if it has something to do with throwing off my electrolytes or bp or possibly the body's alkaline/acid balance.

I sometimes wear 5 layers of clothes through the day and sleep under at least 2 blankets and a thick comforter. One of the blankets is electric and I set that to high so I tend to run cold but like I said it is worse after I take a mineral.

Hope you get some answers.