• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Weird results on QuantiFERON-TB Gold

Little introduction : I'm Moroccan, my symptoms fit into the Canadian consensus criteria

The only thing that works for me is thiamine injections 100mg twice per week

I did run several tests recently to check if any recurrent infection trigger the symptoms

CMV/EBV/HSV1/HSV2 negative or with high IgG in CMV + EBV case

Borrelia twice but with IgM 7 & 10 respectively but under the threshold of 16 and no IgG

No Sign bartonella henselae

QuantiFERON-TB Gold is actually weird, it was done twice, the only interpretation I can get from it is high baseline IFN-γ

Where to take from here?

1678306019362.png

Judee

Psalm 46:1-3
The only thing that works for me is thiamine injections 100mg twice per week

I'm not great with test results so hope someone will come along soon and answer your questions regarding that. I did want to ask however, when did you start the thiamine injections and how much did they improve your level of functionality?

I'm not great with test results so hope someone will come along soon and answer your questions regarding that. I did want to ask however, when did you start the thiamine injections and how much did they improve your level of functionality?

It started with neurobion B1/B6/B12, I was looking for a B12 injection after reading Dr Myhill's and that's what was available, it worked almost instantly.
Few months down the line they discontinued selling and I was back to square one, B12 alone isn't enough, oral thiamine ( 500mg x3 ) works to some extent but I don't tolerate it well. Managed to find some online and ordered it from a french pharmacy, if I stop for any reason I slowly degrade to being bed bound in a couple months.

yes, I've been trying to reverse engineering why thiamine works for a few years now.

I got mostly to the same conclusions, PDHK is elevated in CFS so anything that pushes PDH can work at least for a subset see Frank Comhaire work with DCA + other cofactors.

Th 17 inhibition is also one thing, could point out a chronic infection of some sort or plain SIBO or an autoimmune disease like Adrenergic Receptor antibodies

I don't have EDS at least I'm not hypermobile