• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Weird course of minor infections, anyone?

Sasha

Fine, thank you
I came down with some new (presumably viral) bug last week, complete with extra exhaustion as well as sore underarm lymph glands. I felt awful for a few days (say, five); then a bit better for a couple of days; and today I feel worse.

This has seemed to be the pattern for me of new, shortlived infections when I get them. They start off bad, then I feel better after five or six days for a day or two, then worse for several days before they finally go. The whole thing usually takes 10-14 days.

Does anyone else have this pattern? Is it weird? I'd have thought viral infections would just make you feel really bad to start with and that you'd be on a steadily upward trajectory after that.

I don't think that it's that I go rushing out when I start to feel better and wipe myself out - I've been very careful this time but still the same course.

No big deal, I'm just curious! :Retro smile: