• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Weeding Out the Symptomology in XMRV Related ME/CFS

ukxmrv

Sergio, I was able to get a HTLV test at my local NHS hospital in the UK. This was some years ago and I don't know if they have added to it since then. Try at a clinic thay does HIV and you may get it there.

HTLVs test are very common actually, go to any major hospital in your area and they will for sure tell you where to get tested for htlv 1/2 i had my htlv1/2 test done like a month ago and it was negative. HTLV is endemic in south america and japan but not very common in USA but for sure are people that have it the vast vast majority of people with HTLV don't have symptoms for many years sometimes decades, but it does cause problems in 1-5% of carriers, one thing that i have noticed is that many people with CFS don't have swollen lymph nodes which would be a lot more common with HIV and HTLV..

Ever since i joined this site i keep telling people to look at XMRV as if they were looking the HIV virus but people seem to not be willing to accept that we may have something infectious, the sooner we accept it the sooner we can get better treatments, every symptom and every major problem of CFS patients resembles something that hiv causes as well so i really think we need to start looking at CFS from a different angle, of course there will be the ones that have CFS but test XMRV- that is a different story...