• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

we need a poll for overall XMRV test results

Eric Johnson from I&I

If you look at the VIP culture test, and the VIP PCR test, some people tested negative. This is expected, because some people in the paper were positive on some tests and negative on others.

However, we really need to know (or at least are curious about!) which individuals are negative on *both* tests. And that is something that cant be determined from the polls we have on this forum now. (Those who are positive on either test, we assume, are XMRV+.)

We need a new poll, I think, that separates people out by severity, and separate them out by whether they used VIP or Cooperative Diagnositics, but it should indicate whether or not someone is positive or negative *in general* -- that is, whether or not they got *any* positive assay.

K

_Kim_

If you look at the VIP culture test, and the VIP PCR test, some people tested negative. This is expected, because some people in the paper were positive on some tests and negative on others.

However, we really need to know (or at least are curious about!) which individuals are negative on *both* tests. And that is something that cant be determined from the polls we have on this forum now. (Those who are positive on either test, we assume, are XMRV+.)

We need a new poll, I think, that separates people out by severity, and separate them out by whether they used VIP or Cooperative Diagnositics, but it should indicate whether or not someone is positive or negative *in general* -- that is, whether or not they got *any* positive assay.

Thank you Eric. I pointed this problem out some time ago and just haven't had the energy to contact Cort to fix this. Still don't.

K

_Kim_

OK - theres one up there. I couldn't fit 'mild' CFS in there - the poll will only allow ten questions. If anyone has a fix for that let me know.

Cort, you may be able to modify the poll parameters. You could try this:

vBulletin Options > Poll and Thread Rating Options > Maximum Poll Options > Set this option to 0 to allow any number of options

bakercape

Help me understand please.

In the science paper 67% were positive. Was this 67 % tested using the PCR test and Culture test.

Latter THE WPI said 95% tested positive when checking for antibodies, Correct?

So if people get a test result back from a lab testing using culture and PCR can they still have antibodies to XMRV and be part of the people who were negative in the study but positive latter according to WPI.

If so are these test results people are getting back very definitive. Could they be the almost 30% that would test positive latter?