• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

We are a powerful community, not a bunch of sick whiners

alice1

I'm still amazed at how smart and efficient you all are.
I think a new piece of info that comes out is on this site in five seconds.
You do rock and I thankyou.

fresh_eyes

happy to be here
Yes DavidJ ofcourse this in one of the best boards, but my goal would be to get more people to come to this wonderful place and in a way they can understand it. I'm sure there are for example german visiters over here who speak english fluidly and are willing to moderate a german subboard.

The goal is to get a big community with a strong voice.

I btw speak english, dutch, german and french so i could be busy :-d

Wow, you would have your work cut out for you! :D

I speak pretty good Spanish...

gracenote

All shall be well . . .
Japanese

I used to speak fluent Japanese . . . when I was seven . . . don't remember much now . . . except important words like oyatsu . . . (means between meal snack or afternoon refreshment) . . . not that this has anything to do with helping anyone, particularly any Japanese PWCs . . . but just saying . . . I used to speak fluent Japanese. :)

leelaplay

an international category?

What an exciting idea s50!

I've been musing on something like this for a while (waiting til after the holidays so that I can hopefully think beyond the basics). I know the UK people have been exploring the idea and ways of having a UK sub-group. I'd been thinking Canada needs one as I shockingly found out last month that some doctors in Canada don't even know about the Canadian Expert Consensus Documents and that it's not easy to find on Health Canada's site (search only). I felt like I'd been punched in the stomach hearing that! Know Carla-ni has been doing some European work. And that we have some Aussies and Kiwis, but don't know if they want an individual group.

Maybe something like an International forum, with each country or area being a sub-forum, then the groups can establish threads in each. Being the organizational freak that I am, I'd really like another level of category here eg relevant research, advocacy and alerts, fund-raising, etc - then threads within those sub sub forums.

islandfinn:)

The big difference with other forums i visited, is the constructive, positive vibe over here. I hope we can grow to one very big united group. And my hope is that also people who don't speak english can get to this group, so we can become even bigger.

for example
--------------Main group--------------
Subgr.:--English---French----Spanish--..etc.

So important messages, action alerts, news, asking for test results etc. that the main group provides, will get to all those subgroups.

The Spanish subgroup could have moderators that speak English and spanish and so on..

I think it must be possible to provide such platform on the internet. It already exists in online games, where there are millions of members to one game. Our "game" is CFS, ME, FM, MCS,..

MEKoan

Ok, ok, you guys can take care of all the organized interaction...

but I want to have a club/bar in the lounge called 'The Tower' and there we would all communicate through Babel!

Imagine the hilarity!

:D

PS I can say: "Close your door, if you please." in Irish Gaelic.

jackie

Koan...I can say a phrase in Irish Gaelic (many years ago I took a class in the language at a community center and the student next to me was the next door neighbor of a budding young cartoonist named Matt Groening! HA!)

So....I was aquainted with an old Irish couple and I'd go sit in their backyard, we'd have tea and rock-hard Irish soda bread and onion sandwiches...and converse. And when I'd mispronounce - the old gentleman would holler at me "I'm a KERRY MAN...we don't say it that way!!!" (whatever the heck that meant:confused:)

And sometimes he'd get out either his fiddle or his accordian...and the old Lady and I would dance jigs and the man would yell "NO Shapin', now!". What
do you suppose was meant by THAT?

Anyway......I don't remember what it means but this is what I can say PHOENETICALLY:"Tah me go mah...go'er re mah agut!" Hazard a guess???

Wish I could help with the "project"...but I can barely speak ONE language! (Maybe I could work in the Tower of Babel Bar?...be a Greeter?;))

BTW...I think I'm lost - what thread am I on?

jackie.....:) (I know......just go to bed:rolleyes:)