• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Wakefield MMR findings confirmed! Wake Forest finds vaccine virus in gut of children

natasa778

...Now a team from the Wake Forest University School of Medicine in North Carolina are examining 275 children with regressive autism and bowel disease - and of the 82 tested so far, 70 prove positive for the measles virus.

Last night the team's leader, Dr Stephen Walker, said: 'Of the handful of results we have in so far, all are vaccine strain and none are wild measles.

'This research proves that in the gastrointestinal tract of a number of children who have been diagnosed with regressive autism, there is evidence of measles virus.

'What it means is that the study done earlier by Dr Wakefield and published in 1998 is correct. That study didnt draw any conclusions about specifically what it means to find measles virus in the gut, but the implication is it may be coming from the MMR vaccine. If thats the case, and this live virus is residing in the gastrointestinal tract of some children, and then they have GI inflammation and other problems, it may be related to the MMR.'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-388051/Scientists-fear-MMR-link-autism.html

Esther12

...Now a team from the Wake Forest University School of Medicine in North Carolina are examining 275 children with regressive autism and bowel disease - and of the 82 tested so far, 70 prove positive for the measles virus.

Last night the team's leader, Dr Stephen Walker, said: 'Of the handful of results we have in so far, all are vaccine strain and none are wild measles.

'This research proves that in the gastrointestinal tract of a number of children who have been diagnosed with regressive autism, there is evidence of measles virus.

'What it means is that the study done earlier by Dr Wakefield and published in 1998 is correct. That study didn’t draw any conclusions about specifically what it means to find measles virus in the gut, but the implication is it may be coming from the MMR vaccine. If that’s the case, and this live virus is residing in the gastrointestinal tract of some children, and then they have GI inflammation and other problems, it may be related to the MMR.'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-388051/Scientists-fear-MMR-link-autism.html

? It looks like this is from years ago? Was that the right link?

Frickly

Natasa,

I agree, it was confusing. I didn't realize it was old until I scrolled down to the comments. I tried to read the age of autism article but it just makes me sick. Brian Deer is a scum bag who created his own story and made lots of money off of it.

Wayne, I saw the Mercola interview this morning. How much proof do we need before we will start working towards safer vaccines for all people?

Doesn't it sound like it is referencing a new study confirming walker's study? Some dumb doctor gave my mom this vaccine when she was pregnant with me. Interestingly enough, my CFS started like a stomach flu 4 yrs ago and I still have so many GI symptoms today.

natasa778

Re article that Wayne posted (thanks Wayne) there has been an update since - on 14th April FDA decided that the virus contaminant in that vaccine "poses no known human risk" and they have put the vaccine back on the market.

I wonder what it would take to turn "no known human risk" into "unknown human risk", ie enough to take it off the market? They are probably scared of what future deep sequencing may reveal present in other vaccines, meaning if they pronounce this one unsafe, they would have to do it with most of the others eventually.

I would love someone to deep sequence old batches of vaccines, especially old MMRs and polio vaccines. Old cellular DTP could also bring up many interesting bits to surface....

JillBohr

Just a small mention here on the Baraniuk paper (remember that thread on the 6 strains of XMRV?).

http://www.forums.aboutmecfs.org/sh...kemia-Virus-Related-Virus-in-CFS-and-Prostate

It is critical to independently confirm the presence of XMRV as a causative agent in at least a subset of CFS patients, and potentially also in overlapping syndromes such as fibromyalgia and irritable bowel syndrome.

I do not know about you guys but my oldest ASD son has a serious issue with his bowel movements. His behaviours increase before, during and after a BM. He used to knock down his dresser and other furniture whenever he had to do a BM.